Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kundalini and sex Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Ryan raises some very important questions regarding sexual intercourse in the afterlife.

The Bible tells us that we will not marry, nor will we be given in marriage and will be like the angels.

Returning to some previous thoughts of mine presented on this thread, could a spiritual merger take place within a k process that allows us the merger of spirit and soul within ourselves, while in the body. The soul, or better said, Heavenly Mother, which for me is the New Jerusalem above, Zion, was very much involved in my redemption. I am speaking of a union between spirit and bride. This I did receive.

There is a lot more of the k process that we just do not know, nor understand. Christians experiencing same like Saint Theresa had a very devastating emotional isolation because no knowledge was available then. There are countless others in the Christian life that experienced k, and just had no idea whatsoever, nor anyone but God to turn to.

We who are now in this k process are really privileged to have resource information to turn to and much support and guidance.

I also believe that human sexuality plays a great part in our k transformation. I find in my situation that God gives me everything that I need in this gift of birthing anew and k process, and I am certain this applies to others being celibate, for example monks, nuns, and Eastern yogis who love God. Spirit, with all their hearts and being.

Posts: 571 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 20 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil:
[qb] the_alm. wrote: tho im no expert my faith community christian science seems to downplay sex figuring its not spiritual. i think many couples evolve into sexlessness. marriage is not sanctioned by the church for it is regarded that c s'ists are in heaven where there is no sex

Don't tell Islamic suicide bombers! Big Grin :

I suspect Christian Science is wrong about this. I think human sexual experience gives us but an inkling of the kind of joyous intimacy experienced by the inhabitants of heaven. Considering that we will have real bodies in the afterlife, it may well be that we can use them to express love.
- See http://www.peterkreeft.com/topics/sex-in-heaven.htm for a very substantive discussion of this topic.

but i want to enhance my emotional life. so i sought the h.g. baptism & astral travel to no avail. no im hesitantly seeking the kundalini (just started sun.). i dont have much optimism cuz its not the way my mind works. im a natural calvinist/c.scientist/advaitin & dont like noise (eg in pentecostal meetings)

It sounds like your spiritual search is largely about looking for a certain kind of "feeling" or "experience." Where are you with Christ? Do you consider yourself a disciple of his? [/qb]
i dont think 'heaven' would be bliss. i dont like emotion except for a gentle positive emotion once in awhile that i dont get carried away w. (control freak)

as for discipleship i had enough of that in intervarsity christian fellowship & it goes nowhere. to me jc's unspoken message was be just like me, god. it took shankara to distil this from the hindu scriptures. he died at 32 & is the greatest hindu thinker of all time

Posts: 20 | Location: nj | Registered: 19 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
[qb] Right, Freebird. But we do celebrate even spiritual union with our bodies, and that's the connection with kundalini and sex as well. The problem for most couples is that their sexual experiences are primarily of the body and psyche; a deeper spiritual union would make it all the better! [/qb]
i cant see how all that grunting & groaning can be spiritual & dignified as a sacrament in the old churches

Posts: 20 | Location: nj | Registered: 19 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
[qb] He's speaking of sex in terms of passionate self-giving, love, and when you put it like that the Trinity would be the most sexual of all beings.

He notes:
quote:
Since there are bodies in Heaven, able to eat and be touched, like Christ's resurrection body, there is the possibility of physical intercourse. But why might the possibility be actualized? What are its possible purposes and meanings?
He article was an attempt to respond to these questions. Everything on this topic is pure speculation, of course. Wink [/qb]
i picture myself as a star in the spiritual universe guiding whatever comes to mind to tend to. i take the bible language poetically

posted Hide Post
Hi the almighty, I can picture you as a star as well. My Buddhist friends call my new birth and k process a new star is born and also gifted me with a Mandala that shows Heavenly Mother of us all with her new born baby son star taking his place in the spiritual universe you mention. So I do understand a little about what you are talking about.

My question for you the almighty is: "Since you already see yourself as a star in the spiritual universe, why the need to start the k process which you spoke about here or on the other k thread?. You mention that you started the k process of awakening last Sunday. The awakening of the k process is strewn with danger doing same yourself. Much better to allow the gifting of same by God, or by receiving shaktipat by a reputable spiritual guru who can monitor your awakening.

Posts: 571 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 20 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Phil,

I wanted to learn more about where Kreeft was coming from so I listened to the longer version:

http://www.peterkreeft.com/aud...ft_sex-in-heaven.mp3

He explains he is using the word "sex" in the way most people use the currently fashionable word, "gender." He considers that fashion a confusion and an insult. He explains that for hundreds of years, �gender� was a quality of a noun. Sex was a quality of persons. Then, after the 60�s, when we started to use sex to refer to something you do and not something you are (one insult) we needed another word to express something you are, so we borrowed it from grammar (a second insult).

But then he often slips into speaking of sex as something that is done, an act. As you have pointed out:

"He's speaking of sex in terms of passionate self-giving, love, and when you put it like that the Trinity would be the most sexual of all beings."

Father Son's love, Sexual? That is where his speech is logically inconsistent. He can argue that the Father and Son are sexual in terms of being what me might call "gendered" and stay consistent. He can argue that they are super manly. But when he talks about them doing something such as experssing self-giving love and calls it sexual, then he is using sexual in the post 60's sense that he claimed he found offensive.

I find it confused and confusing.

Posts: 455 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree, Ryan. "Passionate, self-giving love" seems to get to the spiritual essence of what sex is about, but when you try to link that to gender in the Godhead, it becomes confusing. My primary reason for mentioning him was in response to the_alm stating that Christian Science believes there is no sex in heaven. I do like Kreeft's point that our experiences of sexual intimacy in this life are but a shadow of what we will find in heaven.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
[qb]I do like Kreeft's point that our experiences of sexual intimacy in this life are but a shadow of what we will find in heaven. [/qb]
I like that point too. Smiler

Posts: 455 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
suspect Christian Science is wrong about this. I i think human sexual experience gives us but an inkling of the kind of joyous intimacy experienced by the inhabitants of heaven. Considering that we will have real bodies in the afterlife, it may well be that we can use them to express love.
- See http://www.peterkreeft.com/topics/sex-in-heaven.htm for a very substantive discussion of this topic.

this is just what i dont like abt rcc'm or any other form of absolutism. absolute truth is invoked. i believe the universe is based on subjectivism

Posts: 9 | Registered: 22 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It sounds like your spiritual search is largely about looking for a certain kind of "feeling" or "experience." Where are you with Christ? Do you consider yourself a disciple of his?

henry ford said dont explain

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freebird:
[qb] Hi the almighty, I can picture you as a star as well. My Buddhist friends call my new birth and k process a new star is born and also gifted me with a Mandala that shows Heavenly Mother of us all with her new born baby son star taking his place in the spiritual universe you mention. So I do understand a little about what you are talking about.

My question for you the almighty is: "Since you already see yourself as a star in the spiritual universe, why the need to start the k process which you spoke about here or on the other k thread?. You mention that you started the k process of awakening last Sunday. The awakening of the k process is strewn with danger doing same yourself. Much better to allow the gifting of same by God, or by receiving shaktipat by a reputable spiritual guru who can monitor your awakening. [/qb]
it took me 4 days to pack in kunda. youre absolutely right

no i dont believe in going to professionals. ill let the organic process take place. whenever ive tried to storm the psychic fort or the romantic love fort ive come out w. a black eye

these things are highly seductive

posted Hide Post
Hawkuu's quote:

"these things are highly seductive"
----------------------

I like the above statement, but is it not a bit contradictory in your spiritual pursuits?. I recall you mentioning all kind of avenues and streets that you travelled on in your spiritual quest, like astral travel, etc.

I look forward to you starting your own thread with your desired topic, and promise to contribute in its discussions.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hawkuu:
[qb] suspect Christian Science is wrong about this. I i think human sexual experience gives us but an inkling of the kind of joyous intimacy experienced by the inhabitants of heaven. Considering that we will have real bodies in the afterlife, it may well be that we can use them to express love.

this is just what i dont like abt rcc'm or any other form of absolutism. absolute truth is invoked. i believe the universe is based on subjectivism [/qb]
That's not affirming some kind of absolute principle or perspective? Eeker

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freebird:
[qb] http://www.Koausa.org/Kundalini/sex.html [/qb]
When I heard about the movie "Water" which is set among widow's in late 1930's India, I thought of a part of Gopi's story told in this article. He wrote:

"In the social work I undertook in Kashmir, one of our accomplishments was the remarriage of hundreds of widows, who in my community were not allowed to remarry. They were not allowed even to meet men. They were treated almost as outcasts and had to live lonely lives. All the members of the family looked down upon them as almost witches. They said, �They brought misfortune to our house, as our son died because of them.� They cannot remarry. They sometimes get very harsh treatment. They are not even able to go in the company of men. This is changing now and has changed to a great extent."

I plan to see the movie, in part to better understand the context of Gopi's "social work." According to one review of the movie:
"Ancient Hindu scriptures suggested that women who became widows--especially those married when they were young girls--should spend the rest of their lives with no worldly possessions, living by the river Ganges. They were not to remarry. Instead they would cut their hair short, eat one meal a day, wear the same sari all the time, sleep on the floor in dark cold rooms, and beg for money outside temples to support themselves."

http://www.beliefnet.com/story/189/story_18954_1.html

posted Hide Post
Yogani, an internet yoga teacher, uses kundalini as a "code word for sex." He writes: "Put simply, kundalini is our connection between sex and spiritual transformation. There are a thousand ways to describe this, but in the end it boils down to the expansion of our sexual function into the spiritual arena, i.e., upward through our nervous system."
http://www.aypsite.com/54.html

That makes some sense to me. What if everything we said on this forum about "kundalini" was about "sexual energy." That makes it less exotic. Maybe because of the lack of explicit talk about sexual energy in the Christian tradition, we are looking to the east for a language.