New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kundalini-Syndrome Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Tara, I have a question that may fall under the
term Kundalini Syndrome. My husband & I are dealing with grief. Around 3 weeks after the initial loss, overnight my husband developed heart issues.

It's been about 5 weeks since the onset of his symptoms. He's going in for testing tomorrow. I woke up a couple nights ago understanding that while i knew what i was addressing, I was not emotionally connected. As the flow of grief came there were many threads involved going back decades. Later that day my partner's condition started to improve. I don't know if the improvement has been maintained till tomorrow. Have any thoughts on this?

Mary Sue
first of all, I am sorry to hear about your grief.
if I understand you correctly, you experienced a sort of emotional disconnection or repression and when you let go, you experienced many distant memories and the next day your partner was better. Is that right?

My understanding is that in a marriage we are sitting in 'one emotional boat' - we swim and sink together. Or in other words, our emotional auras are linked and we are feeling our partner s emotions, whether we like it or not.

So, it is only natural that if one partner experience healing that it will be easier for the other partner to feel better as well.

I find that these dynamics are much stronger when we are in the kundalini process.

hope this helps

Tara - find more help for kundalini problems on my website taraspringett.com/kundalini/kundalini-syndrome

Posts: 262 | Location: UK | Registered: 03 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good post, Stephen.

Phil -- can we have a new thread for Stephen's post, please? Give it a title such as "Christian approaches to the divine." (Do not on any account use words such as e***********, n**-d******, or B********* R****** in the thread title. Big Grin )

Posts: 1013 | Location: Canada | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lovely post Samson.

Posts: 60 | Location: Brazil | Registered: 13 July 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I were to start a new thread every time I had a new thought, your poor forum would be inundated. So we trundle on on the "Kundalini thread" talking about all kinds of things.

But my thought was that I am not a fan of avoiding using certain words because they have baggage or people feel uncomfortable with them etc. There are even people in Eastern circles who won't use the "E word" because it has baggage or misconceptions.

What are we, some generation of wimps who can't bear anything that might make us uncomfortable or push our buttons? So now the devil is a metaphor for your psychological stuff, God is a metaphor for feeling all connected and peaceful, hell is sort of like dukkha, penance is not having dessert one day a week, and angels are our projections of feeling awed or loved? Yawn. Bunch of weenies. :P

Posts: 60 | Location: Brazil | Registered: 13 July 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KundaliniTherapist:
quote:
You mean Christian ultimate reality is different from Buddhist ultimate reality? Eeker Very postmodern! Big Grin

As I said before, in terms of mystical experience ...

When I use the Big Grin sign, it means I'm being ironic!

Posts: 1013 | Location: Canada | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Tara, as Stephen noted, in part, "Awakening" and "Enlightenment" are not exclusively Buddhist terms. Among other usages, "Enlightenment" references a period in history (17th C. onward) when the power of reason asserted itself anew. Still, it is good to define how the terms are used in Buddhism, Christianity and even secular culture. They do designate different kinds of experiences. We might add "meditation" to the list, here, as the term is used differently in Christianity than in many Eastern disciplines.

Your four-point summary above is quite concise and helps to illustrate the differences between the Buddhist and Christian views of creation (maybe more a Judeo-Christian concept). If karma determines the form of a creature, then everything -- including humans -- is primarily a karmaic entity with no substantial basis in reality. I can understand why that would be considered "illusion." My thoroughly Western/Christian mindset cannot understand how or why the objective nature of reality would be so thoroughly discounted as seems to be the case, here. (Science, it seems, would only be an unwitting participant in the dance of illusion.) Nor do I understand what love means if one does not take the existence of another to be substantially real. What God means in all of this is beyond me, God being another of those words that Christians lay claim to and which has a long history of meaning in the Judeo-Christian religion. Perhaps Buddhists should not use the term "God?" Some branches do not.

Anyway . . . just a few thoughts.

Posts: 3948 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ona:
But my thought was that I am not a fan of avoiding using certain words because they have baggage or people feel uncomfortable with them etc.

No, it's just that we long-time members have discussed these subjects over and over and over again.

Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
quote:
My own deepest resonance is the feeling of being held so tenderly, of the soul, the 'I', at rest in the beloved. There's no end to the depth of this, and perhaps that's another reason it's not as popular an experience as the pursuit of enlightenment. People seem to want some kind of resolution, an end state. In all of this, we're just beginners however. There's no end to the "riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints."

Stephen, what you describe here is what we might call the Christian version of "nonduality," which is a union between God and the human where self (the "I" or subjective aspect of our human consciousness) comes to rest in the divine within.

What follows is a short segment from the re-write of God, Self and Ego that resonates with your sharing. It's from a section on contemplative prayer (Transforming Union), but would describe anyone who has gone deeply into the theotic process, including non-contemplatives. Note my use of "Ego," which is qualified in earlier chapters (intentional consciousness, and the experience of self we have during those times):
quote:
What seems likely is that those who are drawn into deeper contemplative prayer become less Egoic overall. Their prayer acclimates them to non-reflective consciousness, and teaches them to live in this manner even outside the formal times of prayer. The open awareness, intuitive intelligence and detached willingness that characterizes non-reflective consciousness predominates as their normative state, with promptings from the Spirit influencing their actions through the day. They can still operate Egoically, if necessary, for life will continue to call forth times where intentional focus is required. But when the task is done, the awareness, intelligence and will invested in the Ego settles back into non-reflective openness and readiness. Such contemplatives live in the Self-God zone or ground of consciousness as their ordinary state. They have undergone deep religious conversion and so enjoy “being-in-love,” as Lonergan put it, without interruption.61

Posts: 3948 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mary Sue wrote:
quote:
... My husband & I are dealing with grief.

my advice for help may sound a little strange : There is a katholic Monk in Italy. His Name is Fra Elia , he has the Stigmata, suffering from them in every holy week, he is in very close connection with Padre Pio, Mother Mary and Jesus. They have told him that his place is not in a monastry, but in this world, and that his task is to help families. He is very simple minded, and has the ability of healing, simply by praying for the peoples.
(I can witness this personally!)

Maybe you do a Google for him ("Brother Elia" or "Fra Elia") and send him a letter, with a picture of your husband, and you)

Hope i could help!

Posts: 130 | Registered: 08 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ~Tarantella~:
...But grief like love is something strong enough to completely break down the barrier that separates one from another.

Tarantella, thank you for sharing. A priest had also commented on how grief can open one to God & others. I still don't fully comphrehend all this. Your comments have given me a beginning.

Posts: 400 | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KundaliniTherapist:
Mary Sue
first of all, I am sorry to hear about your grief.
if I understand you correctly, you experienced a sort of emotional disconnection or repression and when you let go, you experienced many distant memories and the next day your partner was better. Is that right?

Hi Tara:

Close enough. I believe my husband may have
some kundalini flowing himself.
After some thought i believe we were both participating in clearing some of this stuff.

Thank you Tara

Tara
"My understanding is that in a marriage we are sitting in 'one emotional boat' - we swim and sink together. Or in other words, our emotional auras are linked and we are feeling our partner s emotions, whether we like it or not.

So, it is only natural that if one partner experience healing that it will be easier for the other partner to feel better as well.

I find that these dynamics are much stronger when we are in the kundalini process.

hope this helps

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BlissInTheHeart:

my advice for help may sound a little strange : There is a katholic Monk in Italy. His Name is Fra Elia , he has the Stigmata, suffering from them in every holy week, he is in very close connection with Padre Pio, Mother Mary and Jesus. They have told him that his place is not in a monastry, but in this world, and that his task is to help families. He is very simple minded, and has the ability of healing, simply by praying for the peoples.
(I can witness this personally!)

Maybe you do a Google for him ("liBrother Ea" or "Fra Elia") and send him a letter, with a picture of your husband, and you)

Hope i could help!

Hi Bliss in The Heart
Thank you for picking up on this aspect. My
husband and I feel disconnected from the Holy
Trinity during this time. while my husband
was not raised with a punishing God i sure was.
God killed those who angered him. To be able
to turn to God during these times would be a great healing. I'll
look into liBrother Ea. Thanks again.

posted Hide Post
Mary Sue,
Sorry, not "liBrother Ea", but "Brother Elia" or "Fra Elia" .

God is not punishing. God is all LOVE, all Understanding, all Forgiveness. Also Jesus is the nicest "person" you can imagine, believe me. He is all Love too, a Love to us till his death .

I hate that when religions are working with any kinf of fear. "Be not afraid !!" This is what Jesus said again and again. Unfortunately even the early Christians worked with fear already, Paulus included. No Good! Already in the first decades after Jesus they worked with fear, instead of "love each other like i have loved you!"

It is not God, but it is WE, who are leading a life of punishment. My indian guru those days always said: "Never forget one thing: "God is your friend, not your enemy! "

Posts: 130 | Registered: 08 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
if the terms awakening and enlightenment are to be used with any terminological consistency (they are Buddhist terms, after all) they should be used on the basis of:

1. our innermost nature and the God's nature are one at the same
2. the human self is an illusion (how else could we discover our inherent identity with God)
3. the 'reality' that we see around us is an illusion in the sense that it is like a very real dream, from which we can 'awake'. (our illusory view of reality is linked to our illusory view of ourselves)
4. The deep-seated illusion that leads us to believe that what we perceive is real has been accumulated and hardened throughout countless life-times, which makes it so hard to give it up.

Having said all that I can't help but thinking that if Christians speak of union with God or as Phil has put it 'seeing with God's eyes' that it is the same experience that Buddhist call 'experiencing your Buddha nature'.

I don't know how many of you know Evelyn Underhill's analysis of the mystical experiences of Christian saints and some saints of other religions. It's extremely wordy and a pain to work through but after studying this book and comparing it to my own experiences I can only agree with her that these mystical states are pretty identical. She calls the final state the 'unitive way'.

As I have said before, it is relatively 'easy' to get first glimpses of this union-with-God/Buddha-nature (after a decade of intense spiritual practice or so Wink) but in order to completely stabilise this experience we need the 'fuel' of awakened kundalini.

So, kundalini is not enlightenment in itself but the energy that allows us to go from short glimpses to complete stabilisation.

I think this also clarifies the argument whether you need kundalini to reach enlightenment. The answer is: for short glimpses - no, for stabilisation - yes. (oops - I used the word enlightenment again in a rather unspecific way Eeker)

Tara - find more help for kundalini problems on my website taraspringett.com/kundalini/kundalini-syndrome

Posts: 262 | Location: UK | Registered: 03 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My question (perhaps already discussed at endless length in the past) is if "kundalini" is an Eastern term/concept, and yet many mystics in the West over the centuries (in Sufism, Christianity, etc) have "reached enlightenment" (not just had brief glimpses), there must be a terminology for talking about it in a western framework. Fire of the Holy Spirit, maybe, or some other terminology? Or it is not named as a "thing" but happens nonetheless. Does anyone know?