Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kundalini and the Holy Spirit Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Thank you Phil very much for your comments.

Posts: 400 | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An Invitation: http://www.thekundalini.org

With Love and Blessings

Smiler

Posts: 32 | Registered: 27 July 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Phil Sasha and all who share their experiences Thankyou.

Speaking of Kavod by Sasha very helpful, I experienced it once after prayer and crawled through to the bedroom for my Bible opened it at the words I will give you room to move. It was awesome.

I think maybe Kundalini did just go out the top of my head. I have no awareness of it in any parts of my body as others describe.

with love in Christ
Margaret

Posts: 13 | Location: scotland | Registered: 16 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your sharing, Rhea, and welcome to the forum.

It sounds like you're contradicting what Bob said, and I'm inclined more toward Bob's take on higher consciousness. Obviously, there are people in Eastern traditions that do attain higher consciousness (e.g., enlightenment) and who have no faith commitment to Jesus. Lots of believers in Christ who are not in higher consciousness as well. This topic is somewhat complicated, and, as you know from reading here, I've written a great deal more than the snippets from my posts that you include above.

What I absolutely can affirm is your testimony for Christ, and the difference he has made in your life. K is still a rough ride for me at times, and I'm not always sure why. I do know that turning things over to him, especially via the Eucharist, makes all the difference. I cannot imagine living otherwise.

Posts: 3948 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Rhea, if you wouldn't mind elaborating more . . .

Is your experience of nectar (sometimes called ambrosia) ongoing? Your post above suggests that this was the manner in which you experienced the sublimation of the more coarse manifestations of k.

I have not had this experience, but have had similar -- the coarseness becoming diffused, nurturing, warm and buoyant. There are still times of intense and coarse flows, even though I do submit these to Christ, but I can usually relate these experiences to some kinds of excesses in my lifestyle -- too much reading, or TV, etc.

Posts: 3948 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One should not mix the kundalini spirit with the holy spirit. One is of the devil.

Posts: 1 | Location: Sumerco, wv | Registered: 21 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Hello Leah, and welcome to the forum.

You come here with definite judgments and convictions. Why do you believe kundalini is of the devil?

posted Hide Post
This discussion has touched a memory. Very early on I was orally told that prana is an energy that comes first & can be experienced going up the back. And that this is what most people are calling Kundalini.

And that Kundalini is a very refined energy and is not felt as such.

But I can't remember the rest presently.

But if this is true than what most are calling
kundalini may be a lower form of development known by some as prana.

Just a thought. Have not been able to find anything in print about this yet. I agree, I
don't know why Kundalini is being referred to
as a sexual energy. Could this be prana development?

Does anyone know anything about such things. Thanks so much.

quote:
Originally posted by BlissInTheHeart:
quote:
To say that children can't have or do not have active kundalini is utter nonsese. One would be surprised! I should know it first hand: I DID HAVE THEM. Not things one would lightly chose to share on public place. It happened in my 4-6th year of life, kindergarten years. And I do have memories from that period, at least I remember those connected with these unusual experiences.

Rhea, I m very happy that you say and witness this here. Because most people here on this forum think that k is a sexual force. I didnt buy this opinion, and i always thought that i am the only one here who is thinking opposite. I had states in my childhood too which made me think, (and i am sure!) that they were k related, but my awakening then i had in my 20s.

Why do people think that k is a sexual force? The k has its origin in the base of the spine chakra, which has nothing to do with sex.
( Also some persons say that they feel that the k is coming out of the earth, moving up their feet, legs, spine, etc.)
When ascending and passing the next chakra (which is a sexual chakra), then the k might take some sexual stuff with it (with persons that are older than twelve !?) and thus giving the k a sexual note. That probably is usual but that is not a MUST! The degree of sexual flavor of the k also might depend on how much purity you have in your sexual life and in your second (=sexual) chakra. Thats maybe the reason why monks and nuns (in all religions!) are obliged to be celebatery.

Tucker made some time ago a definition of k: "kundalini is prana with sex". Sounds interesting at the first glance, but doesnt stand the empirics: prana one can feel flowing everywhere through the body, but k is only flowing up the spine.

I think it s a true enrichment to have you here in this forum!

May God lead us the right way!

posted Hide Post
Hello BlissInTheHeart:

Thank you for your imput & sharing.

I am aware of the very powerful energy you are talking about. When I first started experiencing it i was told that this was prana.

And that Kundalini was a much more refined energy & usually not felt. I've been experiencing this at times now. There is an experience of a very mild energy entering the central channel. I may or may not experience anything else. Sometimes something will be experienced in the crown or heart.

So i'm exploring this and remembered what had been expressed to me earlier about prana and kundalini. I just don't know. I'm staying
open to the possiblity that what some are calling kundalini is only the beginning
of a longer process????

quote:
Originally posted by BlissInTheHeart:
quote:
Very early on I was orally told that prana is an energy that comes first & can be experienced going up the back. And that this is what most people are calling Kundalini.

And that Kundalini is a very refined energy and is not felt as such.

Mary Sue,
believe me, k can be felt !!! It can be felt as a force that is thousand times stronger than all your willpower. At my awakening it was soaring up my spine with a "weight" of a heavy train, and when entering my brain, it erased 95% of my human ego-consciousness. (It is MUCH stronger than any thought!!) Associated with fear of death or fear of existence.

Maybe, what you mean might be the observation of k in normal, non-awakened persons. Here, i have the impression that k is also active, but only in a "homeopatic" amount.

And Prana is usually flowing through all our limbs. It can be directed by concentration in a certain direction. (This is done for instance by healings.) One can even fell the prana flowing into some material things, (inside these things that you touch !!), when it is flowing in big amounts.

Btw, there are so many different "theories" about k, and none of them meets reality or is in itself not contradictionary. So better just take it as it is: a grace from Above!

posted Hide Post
Mary Sue,

My understanding has been that ‘kundalini’ is attained only when all seven chakras have been fully activated.

Prior to activation of ALL the chakras (i.e. of achieving kundalini) one experiences sensation at a subset of different chakras and at meridians as part of the ‘arousal’ process – a process that typically takes years to complete; and which some folk never do complete.

The sensations that one experiences are due to an energy termed ‘prana’ by Hindus but is equivalently termed ‘qi’ (chi) by Chinese Daoists/Taoists practicing qigong and Chinese doctors practicing acupuncture as part of Chinese medicine.

Different countries and traditions locate chakras (dan tians per Chinese Daoists) in slightly differing locations within the body – some even outside the body in one’s auras.

Different traditions have a differing number of chakras (some a few more than seven); and different traditions have meridian locations and channels etc theorized as being in different locations within the body.

I have not experienced kundalini myself, so am no expert. I do experience sensations.

Hopefully what I have explained is helpful to your understanding. Others with more experience can correct my book knowledge.

None of all this bears on Christian virtue, obedience or holiness per se. Though sensation can and does affect people of prayer within all religions and even among non-religious folk who practice qigong and yoga independent of worship of God.

Pop-pop

Posts: 465 | Registered: 20 October 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply and clarification, Rhea. I see where you're coming from.

- - -

Re. the "what is kundalini energy" discussion that followed, I agree with Bliss in that people call so many things K and there are so many ways of explaining it. My own preferred way at this time is as an "overflow" of energy from the spiritual core of our being through the psychological level to the physical.
- see http://shalomplace.com/theosis/ and click on the first image for the model, and imagine energy becoming intensified in the spiritual level and vibrating the outer levels.

K, then, is the process by means of which the spiritual energy of the soul (hopefully) under the direction of the Holy Spirit transforms psyche and body to incarnate the deepening contemplative consciousness. You can draw chakras from that outer circle into the inner, with the apex being the 7th, and affirm a lot of the traditional Eastern teaching with this model. From a Christian perspective, we could view K as a process in the service of theosis.

Of course, people can stimulate that inner core in a wide variety of ways, and blow out the "seals" between the levels of our being before they are ready to be opened. That kind of willfulness might explain some of the difficulties some have. Even in the context of theosis lived out in explicit Christian faith, however, it can be a rough ride, depending on how much distortion there is in psyche and body. Generally, we don't even begin to speak of K until we start to notice something happening in the body.

posted Hide Post
Here's a video that raises questions about the relationship between kundalini and the Holy Spirit. The turning point in this former criminal's life was a heartfelt prayer, at which point he felt energy rising from his stomach. That bit is at 5'55", though you might enjoy watching the entire video.

Now, let's see if the imbed works:

<iframe allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen" frameborder="0" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GpOXLRMJVdw" height="315" width="560" />

Posts: 1013 | Location: Canada | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't see the "old code" option we used to use, so I'll just post a link to the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpOXLRMJVdw

Posts: 1013 | Location: Canada | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Derek, what questions do you think are raised, here? I'm not seeing evidence of a K awakening in this man. Experiences of energy in the body are quite common during radical conversion experiences such as he shared, and during ongoing spiritual practice as well, but that's not the same thing as a K awakening, which generally features a somewhat unrelenting sense of energy moving in the body and pushing up into the brain.

The Taoists have a deep understanding of energy dynamics, and differ from the yogic tradition in the way they work with K. They tend to see it as originating in the hara (energy center just below the navel) and moving from there across the perineum and up the spine into the brain, then cycling down again to the hara. They call this the microcosmic orbit and view this circulation as more wholistic than the Hindu pattern of going out the top of the head. Iow, there are lots of ways of describing and working with this energy; the K yoga model of leading it up the chakras is only one.

- - -

Short comment about K and sexual energy, as there was some sharing above about this. It was Tucker (not me) who identified the K as sex energy. I'd be more inclined to say that sexual energy IS spiritual energy manifesting in the lower chakras, and that the K process can certainly stimulate those centers. It's also rather obvious (to me, at least) that K process makes use of the reproductive fluids to help strengthen the nervous system, and that too much depletion of these fluids can lead to painful, burning sensations. Gopi Krisha wrote about this at length and considered this a characteristic of K awakening. I would concur, on this point, and think it may well be part of the reason why celibacy has been emphasized in religious life (along with many other practical reasons). We've had a few discussions about K and sexuality on this forum where we've gone over all this, so those who are interested might do a search.

posted Hide Post
Ah, okay. I took the energy movement in the belly to be kundalini.