Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kundalini-Syndrome Login/Join

Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing your experience, Kristine. It really does help if we just relax and accept what is happening without trying to make it go away or control how it's going.

I'm struck by the cleansing aspect of your experience. This process does shake loose repressed material, with even somatic manifestations, as you experienced. Not very pleasant at all in that phase. I hope you've re-gained some of the weight you lost . . . nice problem, having to gain 30 lbs. Wink

Posts: 3948 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Phil. Yes, in the last 3 years I've gone through menopause and put on a fair bit of weight. I now weigh 150 pounds, but I also have a strong interest in gently continuing the transformation process. So I'm basically holding onto a little extra weight deliberately.

Also, as mentioned in another thread, 3 years ago I experienced a right facial paralysis due to chronic right ear infections. I'm taking this as another indication that I probably need to continue some type of energy opening/cleansing.

So you may be hearing more from me as I delve slowly deeper into the inner work. For now it's Lectio Divina, followed with some mandala drawing. I also live near the country's best naturopathic college and receive excellent acupuncture and oriental herbs for physical support. Yep, see a whole slew of MDs as well.

All-in-all, I don't think I have a choice about going forward. I only have some choice about the pace - at least for now.

By the way, before my "K" I never took any drugs or did any other "spiritual" work, so I was a complete virgin, at least in that sense :-)

Posts: 13 | Location: Washington | Registered: 27 May 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello, Kristine, Thank you for your sharing and self-introduction. That "I don't think I have a choice about going forward" has been occurring to me recently. St. John of the Cross distinguishes an "active" and "passive" phase in prayer, i.e., volitional and non-volitional. This seems to apply to life, too. There's an Adyashanti video on Youtube titled "Surrender or Suffer." No need to watch the video -- the title says it all!

Posts: 1013 | Location: Canada | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I learned recently that Bonnie Greenwelll died in January of this year. Obituary reproduced here.

The most recent material of Bonnie's I could find on YouTube was a covid-era online talk from March 20, 2021:

https://youtu.be/LudTNLYzbJA?t=484

Posts: 1013 | Location: Canada | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Forrest Knutson explains his program for dealing with kundalini syndrome in a video titled Kundalini Disturbance Program - Yogi Explains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9ESa2jGW20

Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Thanks Derek. I'd not heard of him. Seems we're seeing more sites on k issues and ways to deal with difficult awakenings.

Do you know of anyone who's worked with him, or his approach?

Posts: 3948 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, I don’t have any personal knowledge of him at all.