Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is non-violence a Christian absolute? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Violence in any way shape or form is wrong. On the cross, Jesus said, "Father forgive them for they know not what they do", and he just loved and forgave them anyway.. no resistance by Him when he was beaten, etc. and crucified.
Next time it will be different.

"...the armies which were in heaven followed Him" (Rev 19:14), to make WAR (v 11, 18).

Posts: 218 | Registered: 03 November 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Violence in any way shape or form is wrong. On the cross, Jesus said, "Father forgive them for they know not what they do", and he just loved and forgave them anyway.. no resistance by Him when he was beaten, etc. and crucified.
Next time it will be different.

"...the armies which were in heaven followed Him" (Rev 19:14), to make WAR (v 11, 18).

Posts: 218 | Registered: 03 November 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We need to have another thread dealing with capital punishment. 5 years ago I disagreed with JP2
about this, but I have been moving in the other direction. Would be interested in knowing if any study has shown it to be a deterrent.

The guys I know who had the honor of serving our country seem to hold all life very precious.

idunno.com

Posts: 2559 | Registered: 14 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
Phil, I have been looking for the thread on "The Passion of the Christ", so I can give R. Rohr's link but I can't find it.

Katy

Posts: 538 | Location: Sarasota, Florida | Registered: 17 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Katy, click here

Michael, go ahead and start a new thread on capital punishment if you'd like. It is a different topic in many ways.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post