Shalom Place Community
Is non-violence a Christian absolute?

This topic can be found at:
https://shalomplace.org/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/72410135/m/78610865

18 August 2004, 02:19 PM
wopik
Is non-violence a Christian absolute?
quote:
Violence in any way shape or form is wrong. On the cross, Jesus said, "Father forgive them for they know not what they do", and he just loved and forgave them anyway.. no resistance by Him when he was beaten, etc. and crucified.
Next time it will be different.

"...the armies which were in heaven followed Him" (Rev 19:14), to make WAR (v 11, 18).
18 August 2004, 02:21 PM
wopik
quote:
Violence in any way shape or form is wrong. On the cross, Jesus said, "Father forgive them for they know not what they do", and he just loved and forgave them anyway.. no resistance by Him when he was beaten, etc. and crucified.
Next time it will be different.

"...the armies which were in heaven followed Him" (Rev 19:14), to make WAR (v 11, 18).
18 August 2004, 03:26 PM
spoonboy
We need to have another thread dealing with capital punishment. 5 years ago I disagreed with JP2
about this, but I have been moving in the other direction. Would be interested in knowing if any study has shown it to be a deterrent.

The guys I know who had the honor of serving our country seem to hold all life very precious.

idunno.com
18 August 2004, 06:32 PM
Katy
Phil, I have been looking for the thread on "The Passion of the Christ", so I can give R. Rohr's link but I can't find it.

Katy
18 August 2004, 07:29 PM
Phil
Katy, click here

Michael, go ahead and start a new thread on capital punishment if you'd like. It is a different topic in many ways.