Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

death and resurrection when? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's about the "when" of the resurrection of those raised up by Christ -- does it begin in this life? Etc.
Sorry for my misunderstanding.

So the question is "when are the dead raised up" - resurrected ?

In this lifetime ? NO.
At Jesus' return.

The Dead sleep (1 Thess. 4:14-15).

For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

1 Thess. 4:16

Posts: 218 | Registered: 03 November 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ezekiel
37:13

Then you shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves, O My people, and brought you up from your graves.

posted Hide Post
Phil

quote:
There's no requirement that one be a Catholic to participate on this forum, and I've never suggested as much. Given the Catholic roots of my own faith and understanding, however, anyone participating on this forum ought to expect that they will be in dialogue with my understanding of Catholicism.

If there are disagreements, then let them be noted, and let the reasons for them be made clear. That's all that's happening here. No need to personalize anything.
Thank you, Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wopik:
[qb] Phil

quote:
There's no requirement that one be a Catholic to participate on this forum, and I've never suggested as much. Given the Catholic roots of my own faith and understanding, however, anyone participating on this forum ought to expect that they will be in dialogue with my understanding of Catholicism.

If there are disagreements, then let them be noted, and let the reasons for them be made clear. That's all that's happening here. No need to personalize anything.
Thank you, Phil [/qb]
OK, but as w.c. has pointed out, we've already had a discussion with you going on another thread about what day of the week Jesus rose, what day the sabbath should be, and other similar issues.

Let's do this, wopik: start a new thread on any forum and entitle it, "Dialoguing about Seventh Day Adventist Beliefs," or something like that. You can use that thread for such purposes. If you want to participate on other topics, you'll need to do so without turning it into a debate about Seventh Day Adventist beliefs, as that bogs things down.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Phil.

Your advice is well taken.