Ad
ShalomPlace.com    Shalom Place Community    Shalom Place Discussion Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  Premium Groups  Hop To Forums  Communities in Transition    E. Introducing: the Spiral, and Beige

Moderators: JB
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

E. Introducing: the Spiral, and Beige Login/Join 
Picture of Phil
posted
see slides 13-18 in our slideshow for input.
- http://heartlandspirituality.org/premium/slideshows/spiral/

-----

Use this thread to share your questions, comments, and resources you've found helpful.

How do you experience "Beige" consciousness in your own life? How do you see it at work in others?

Posts: 3958 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been thinking a lot about beige lately. I think what interested me about it at first was that we've been in the process of trying to bond two rabbits, who definitely have beige consciousness. <grin> They were each interested in their own comfort and survival, and perceived the other as a threat to it. We had to slowly manipulate their life conditions to encourage them to look to each other for comfort and reassurance, so that they'd eventually become friends, or at least not kill each other when they came into contact. Smiler But yesterday I saw beige in action in humans. My husband and I were eating lunch in a restaurant, and a few tables away, a tiny baby was crying its little heart out. I remarked to Dan how that baby was only conscious of whatever it was experiencing (hunger, pain, tiredness, etc), and as far as it was concerned, this was a major crisis. Those of us in different places on the spiral could see a different picture, and knew that the world was really okay, and the situation wasn't as serious as the baby seemed to feel it was. We also talked about how the parents of the baby had to respond gently and compassionately to the baby, and couldn't scold him/her for the inability to see a bigger picture, because the baby was simply unable to do so at that stage. At the same time, the parents couldn't allow themselves to be sucked down to that level themselves. In order to help the baby grow, they had to remain in their higher level and show love for the baby at its lower level and see that the physical needs were met. Eventually, the baby will grow out of beige and head on up the spiral.

Posts: 28 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: 23 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post