Find
Notify
Tools

Abortion Issues Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shasha:
Ariel,
I was particularly moved by Metaxas' point that genuine Christians are called to love those who do not see the unborn as human. However, many 'pro-choicers' don't dispute the humanity of the unborn. They deny them a right to live if the mother chooses to kill her baby.

So...it's harder for me, personally, to love those who take that immoral stance. Again, it's this idea that in some cases abortion proponents seem motivated by a lack of maturity while in other cases, there is a more stark lack of integrity and humility about the killings.

In any case, I liked Metaxas because he didn't come across as contemptuous or self-righteous at all, which was refreshing, although I wonder how much he was hiding behind his charming humor.

Thanks very much for getting the video back up, Shasha. I don't have anything to add, but, yes, I agree with your comments here.

I thought Metaxas did do a nice job of speaking plainly without coming across as self-righteous.

We do need to pray for President Obama....persistently and faithfully. It's great to know you're part of a group doing that.

Posts: 82 | Location: east coast, US | Registered: 05 October 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shalom, All ~

I've been perusing this site for the past couple of days and am delighted to be here amongst everyone.

This may seem a strange prompting for a first post but, as Anthony de Mello says of following Spirit, "I come when pulled, and go when pushed."

What caught my attention was the Bible verse on p.2 of this discussion: 1Cor 15:56 ... "Sin gets its power from the law."

The resource I like to use is Biblos for the commentaries; they often appear inspired, to me.

A few days ago, I was reading Romans 7:8 and those particular commentaries gave me a framework in which to place the above Cor. verse.

"For without the law, sin was dead - where there is no law, there is no transgression; for sin is the transgression of the law; and no fault can be imputed unto death, where there is no statute by which such a fault is made a capital offense.

"Dr. Taylor thinks that (Greek symbols), without the law, means the time before the giving of the law from Mount Sinai, which took in the space of 430 years, during which time the people were under the Abrahamnic covenant of grace; and without the law that was given on Mt. Sinai, the sting of death, which is sin, had not power to slay the sinner; for, from the time that Adam sinned, the law was not re-enacted under the law subjecting him to death for his transgressions; but when the commandment came, with the penalty of death annexed, sin revived, and the Jew died. ... Thus sin, the sting of death, received force or advantage to destroy by the commandment, Romans 7:8, Romans 7:11.

"All manner of concupiscence - It showed what was evil and forbade it; and then the principle of rebellion, which seems essential to the very nature of sins rose up against the prohibition; and he was the more strongly incited to disobey in proportion as obedience was enjoined. ** Thus the apostle shows that the law had authroity to prohibit, condemn, and destroy; but no power to pardon sin, root out enmity, or save the soul.**"

-----

For years I wondered why Christ had to come - what difference it made. What were the people doing before He came? - and the purpose of him spending three days 'in the under-world' before returning unscathed.... To me, now, I see that he took Salvation to those who had died without the possibility of pardon. Those who had died under The Law, without Provision.

As for the abortion issue, I've found (by the help of the Holy Spirit) that being willing to see the logs in my own eyes, I came to then Understand others. Spiritual bankruptcy/deficiency is the root cause. As mine was/is revealed, I Understand the plight of others.

In thought, word and deed - tall order. I may not have committed physical murder, but I've done so many times in my heart (something as 'innocuous' as saying, "I wish s/he'd fall off the face of the earth.") All the legislation in the world against hate crimes doesn't remove the hate from my heart - there is only One who has that Power, when I align my will with the Holy Spirit.

"Morals: What people get when they don't have guts enough to do what gave them morals in the first place." (Unknown)

My first inkling that I was 'doing it wrong' by judging others came from a Buddhist book called, "I Am That." I don't remember anything else about the book as I just took the title and made it a 'mind tool'. For instance, when I read of incest and felt revulsion I would say to myself, "I Am That" - and then proceed to analyze my life in such a way as to see how I could have been lured, given the right set of circumstances.

There is no sin I am 'superior' to committing - few that I haven't in thought or word - but it took/takes the Holy Spirit to drag them out of the dungeon of my mind, into the present, to find Healing.

It is interesting to watch the live prison shows on TV where the inmates take violent exception to rapists and child molesters. Guaranteed, beneath the conscious objections, lies suppressed desires like those 'done in open' by the 'lesser' inmates. They just can't See themselves.

I've already been where others are on the abortion issue, and on many, many other issues. Today, I desire to work on cleaning up the cesspool of my mind/actions and Trust that everything is unfolding as it must in the world.

Spiritual genetics. Who knows what kind of hell those aborted babies would have been consigned to in this world? Who is to say whether the Holy Spirit read the hearts of those aborting and agreed with their decision? What if a fetus is still on the 'heavenly' side of the veil until it takes its first breath; thereafter to be the property of the False God of this world (until we find Spirit)? Perhaps the child conceived in sin (as all are save Christ) gets a 'free pass' by not being born. I don't know. But what I do know, for me, is that judging others isn't my department - at least to the degree that I've done the work on myself to be on the Narrow Path.

In another vein, I wonder how many mothers have their heart 'read' and it's found that they wish their children unborn / wished they'd had an abortion. How many mothers are against abortion because they felt 'trapped' into having children and think others should have to 'lie in the lousy bed they made' as well? How many fathers would have aborted had it been their decision? Best left to Spirit to convict - or not - as S/He sees fit, for me.

I'm not throwing stones, just sharing a different way of looking at things as I've been shown, thus far. As they say in AA, "Let go...or be prepared for a draggin'." It has gotten much easier to drop the rocks against others, but I'm still a work in progress.

Best to All,

Jeanne

Posts: 1 | Registered: 23 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shalom Jeanne!

Nice to have you join us. Glad you felt the push to jump in. It's hard to talk about such hot button subjects in rationale and non-defensive ways. I'm away with family for a few days, but would like to respond to your post on Monday.
So please check back. Also, others may have some thoughts to share with you too.

Posts: 1091 | Registered: 05 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Hello Jeanne, and welcome to the forum. You raise a lot of different kinds of issues in your post, but I will pick this one to reply to briefly.

quote:
Who knows what kind of hell those aborted babies would have been consigned to in this world? Who is to say whether the Holy Spirit read the hearts of those aborting and agreed with their decision? What if a fetus is still on the 'heavenly' side of the veil until it takes its first breath; thereafter to be the property of the False God of this world (until we find Spirit)? Perhaps the child conceived in sin (as all are save Christ) gets a 'free pass' by not being born. I don't know. But what I do know, for me, is that judging others isn't my department - at least to the degree that I've done the work on myself to be on the Narrow Path.

Jeanne, what we can and do say is that terminating the life of any innocent human being is wrong, and it is not being judgmental to say that. Whether we are sparing them a fate more unfortunate than preventing them from living out their lives we cannot know, of course, but we can nonetheless say that our doing so, for whatever reason, is wrong. This is not to judge the motives of the mother; she is desperate, for sure, and probably doing what she thinks best. But her action is nonetheless wrong. One doesn't have to be a saint or sinless to make this point.

I hope that doesn't sound too hard-hearted or heavy-handed. You sound like you've done some deep searching and reflecting about this issue so please continue the discussion, if you'd like.

Posts: 3948 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeanne818:
As for the abortion issue, I've found (by the help of the Holy Spirit) that being willing to see the logs in my own eyes, I came to then Understand others. .... judging others isn't my department - at least to the degree that I've done the work on myself to be on the Narrow Path.

Jeanne,

Of course we are not the ultimate Judge of another. Only God is. But we are stilled called to make moral and value judgements of right and wrong every day. We need to discern what is sinful and evil. Jesus did this with the woman caught in adultery; He called her sin sin even as He had mercy on her and brought attention to the hearts of the stone-throwers.

Hence, it is possible, and obviously preferable, to judge abortion and all sin as morally wrong without 'stone-throwing' energy.

Jeanne, I'm not superior to abortion, either. I have sat and wept with post-abortive women for years in therapy and in dozens of prayer ministry contexts. I've heard their stories in vivid detail. I know that in their shoes, I'd have done the same shameful, horrific act of violence from which I would want somebody to help me heal. I wouldn't want somebody to help me rationalize and defend the killing my child in my womb even as they understand my spiritual and psychological bankruptcy.

It's true that many opposed to the sin in others are not seeing the log in their own eye. That is an important lesson to learn, as you've noted.

However, there's another level of psycho-spiritual maturity that may be harder to see:

an over-identification with the sinner can blind one to the discernment of what is wrong and what is evil. This was my blind-spot when I fancied myself 'prayerfully pro-choice.'

I'm speaking generally here and not assuming anything about your walk.

Indeed, it is a Narrow Path, Jeanne. We need more than acknowledgment and grappling with our cesspool of brokenness though that is an important track of development. If you don't do that work, you're more likely to be wearing a Christian mask of holiness. We need authentic “clean hands and a pure heart.” We need right judgment of good and evil in a world that is numb to the pervasive horror of the genocidal killing of preborn children.

It's another kind of immaturity / ignorance to assert "we are all sinners so there is no point in taking a stand against immorality." So in this blind alley, one doesn’t take a stand against evil, and thereby passively colludes with the destroyer.

Understanding the plight of the woman who chooses to kill her baby, forgiving her for taking innocent life, compassion for her immaturity-- all of that co-exists with calling abortion wrong and immoral.

Compassion COEXISTS with moral judgment.
Mercy COEXISTS with moral discernment.

What makes the Path really narrow is our call to hold, to integrate both compassion and morality in our hearts, not sacrifice one for the other...See what I mean?

No, having compassion for the plight of the sinner does not mean we cannot judge sin/immorality.

Abortion is morally wrong because life begins at conception and killing of innocent life is wrong. It is immoral and should be illegal.

I am opposed to elective abortions.

I am opposed to the mutilation and dismemberment of children in the womb not because:

-- I can't relate to the plight of those who abort, and/or

-- haven't worked on my cesspool of psychological brokenness and/or

-- have not faced my own sin and propensity to sin.

There is no morally justifiable reason to kill our unborn children any more than there is a justifiable reason for killing our born children.

If you can think of a good reason it would be OK to kill a newborn baby who is sleeping peacefully in her bassinet, let me know. If so, I may be able to agree with you that it is OK to kill that same baby months earlier who is sleeping peacefully in her mother's womb.

Peace be with you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Shasha,

posted Hide Post
Seven Reasons Why Abortion is the Preeminent Political Issue by Dr. Monica Miller

1) The right to life is the most fundamental right and it is the right that secures all others. When any people group is declared non-persons under the law, the rights of all human beings are potentially at risk.

2) When the state is permitted to declare a certain people group to be non-persons the social/political ethos of a society is seriously corrupted. Such a society becomes unhinged from God-given natural moral law. Such disengagement will lead to serious human rights abuses even beyond abortion.

3) The enormity of the killing itself, in sheer numbers, automatically makes abortion--as it is practiced under Roe versus Wade, the preeminent political issue. This law has claimed the lives of over 50 million human beings-- now 3,500 surgical abortions per day.

4) The moral damage to society requires that abortion is the preeminent political issue: a) The law of abortion leads to the end of human communion. b) The law of abortion breeds dishonesty as the abortion practice exists according to a lie about the dignity of man. c) Through the law of abortion the general citizenry is co-opted in support for abortion--as in forcing tax-payers to fund it. d) Through the law of abortion the medical profession is put to the service of death as its members are called upon to facilitate the so-called right to abortion.

5) Roe versus Wade and other life issues are linked together. In other words, the right to life issue is not only about abortion—it includes: -fetal experimentation -cloning
-embryonic stem cell research -infanticide -euthanasia -assisted suicide
-a loss of respect for the elderly and the handicapped -even an anti-capital punishment position is undermined by abortion

6) The need to respect the dignity of women makes abortion the preeminent political issue insofar as abortion exploits and denigrates women.

7) Abortion is the preeminent political issue because the injustice of killing the innocent threatens the broader application of justice itself in American society. If the law that permits abortion is not overcome the entire American system of justice is headed for collapse as William Butler Yeats once said: "the center cannot hold and the ceremony of innocence is drowned." Through legalized abortion we have lost the moral foundation upon which the entire system of rights and justice depends.

posted Hide Post
I hope it's OK to share this post-abortive woman's reflection. She speaks for the many women I know who have received deep healing for their sin. She also speaks for post-abortive men:

REFLECTION by Carmen Pate, 40 Days for Life ------------------------------------------------------ Because abortion is legal in America, many have justified their choice. "If it's legal, it can't be wrong, right?" We now have an entire generation of men and women who have never known abortion to be illegal; a generation of people who have never been broken over their sin of abortion. As a result, the consequences of unconfessed sin weigh on their souls, yet they have never connected the dots as to why their hearts are heavy. No wonder we have millions of women who are struggling with depression, addictions, eating disorders and more.

Post abortion syndrome is very real but recovery begins when the individual agrees with God as David confessed in Psalm 51:3-4, 14,

"Against You, You only, have I sinned, and done this evil in Your sight -- that You may be found just when You speak, and blameless when you Judge. Deliver me from the guilt of bloodshed, O God, the God of my salvation."

Brokenness is the key to accessing God's glorious mercy and healing. Christ came to heal the broken hearted and He is waiting with open arms to take the post-abortive woman on a glorious journey of healing and restoration if she will only run to Him. God will not waste any sin we lay at His feet.

Imagine millions of healed and restored post-abortive women like myself singing aloud of His righteousness and giving testimony of His love and forgiveness.

posted Hide Post
This might be old news to y'all. (It was a first for me)

Shocking & disturbing to me... O, Lord, have mercy...

MEDICAL ETHICS: Killing babies no different from abortion...

http://www.theblaze.com/storie...rns-are-not-persons/

Posts: 173 | Location: East Lansing, MI | Registered: 18 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi there Gail--I was just wondering how you were doing a few days ago. Smiler

I read a similar story only a couple of days before, myself. I know the ethicist(??!!) Peter Singer has been preaching something similar for years, but I didn't realize that kind of thinking was making a revival. It's extremely disturbing. I may be wrong, but I think I also read that the Netherlands already allows this sort of infanticide.

Posts: 82 | Location: east coast, US | Registered: 05 October 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Gail! Good to 'see' you again.

Yes, that article is very disturbing. Killing babies outside the womb seems more horrific, somehow, than killing them in the womb. But what is the difference?

Size, location, development.

Fr. Pavonne calls these 'fourth trimester abortions.'

From that article: The circumstances, the authors state, where after-birth abortion should be considered acceptable include instances where the newborn would be putting the well-being of the family at risk, even if it had the potential for an “acceptable” life. The authors cite Downs Syndrome as an example, stating that while the quality of life of individuals with Downs is often reported as happy, “such children might be an unbearable burden on the family and on society as a whole, when the state economically provides for their care.”

In some African tribes, I've heard, women in labor have a bucket of water next to them. If their baby is a girl, they drown her. Same thing as the above, right?

That's what 'pro-choice' means. Mother decides who lives and who dies.

This way of thinking is similar to the born alive abortions that Obama vigorously defended a few years ago. Just because the baby is born alive (what abortionists call the "dreaded complication") during an abortion procedure is no reason to get him or her medical care! The INTENT is to kill the baby. That's what pro-choice means. Abortion means killing the baby in or out of the womb. Let's be consistent here.

Obama argued--You don't want to stress out the mother with trying to save the life of a baby she doesn't want. If you try to save the life of a baby who squirming in your hands and struggling to breath, that threatens Roe v Wade and a woman's constitutional 'right' to kill her child.

It is sickening to me that Obama boasted about his voting against the born-alive infant protection act multiple times. Said something like "I voted against restrictive choice legislation" at a Planned Parenthood rally.

Back to the article, I like this response:

The second we allow ourselves to become the arbiters of who is human and who isn’t, this is the calamitous yet inevitable end. Once you say all human life is not sacred, the rest is just drawing random lines in the sand.

All that aside, Gail, I hope you and your family are doing well! How's that baby girl? Smiler

posted Hide Post
"But what is the difference?"

Amen. Point taken. It just shocked me seeing a fully developed newborn...

I wonder if a few years down the road the culture will adapt to this evil...

It sickens me also.

I have been in the thick of care-giving for my husband, he had foot surgery 2 months ago, gets cast off today! It hasn't been as difficult as before. Taking care of him has been a theme in our 25 years. Trying to accept & trust that God is forming a servants heart inside... The battle never ends, but victory implies there was a battle, right? Baby Charlie is such a joy!
Mom is hanging in there.

Posts: 173 | Location: East Lansing, MI | Registered: 18 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's a wonderful testimony of the power of holding a pro-life sign in front of an abortion clinic. During this 40 Days for Life season, this pro-lifer shares:

"I was praying specifically that God would stir a heart within the building," she said. There were plenty of distractions. This is the abortion center that blasts foul music over an outdoor sound system, and posts "anti-protester" signs on the fence around the property. She soon noticed an SUV pulling out of the driveway with a young couple in the front seat. The woman, sitting in the passenger’s seat, was in tears. The young man driving stopped and rolled down his window. "She didn't do it," he said. He told the volunteer,

"She saw your sign -- and didn't want to do it."

Imagine the joy and love that ripples out into Eternity from this simple act of love.

Smiler

http://www.40daysforlife.com/

On day 13, they know of 148 babies saved from the violent death of abortion. 148 moms saved from a far worse fate.

Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
That's good to hear, especially for protestors. Sometimes that's all it takes to sway a troubled conscience.

Posts: 3948 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shasha,

I just read your post of 27 February,

That was SO WELL DONE!!!! Aiyee!

Pop-pop

Posts: 465 | Registered: 20 October 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From the other thread, Jacques wrote:

quote:
Originally posted by Jacques:
...I also think you overstate the number of pro-choice Christians, I don't personally know any Christians who would say it is okay to kill a baby in the womb, how many do you know personally? That is not to say they don't exist, but simply that your fear seems to increase the numbers of your enemy...

From wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C...tianity_and_abortion

here's a list of pro-choice Christian denominations:

Protestant supporters of abortion rights include
the United Church of Christ,
the United Methodist Church,
the Episcopalian Church,
and the United Presbyterian Church,
the Episcopal Church,
the Presbyterian Church (USA),
The United Church of Christ,
The United Methodist Church,[listed twice?]
and the Lutheran Women's Caucus.[9][28]

The American Baptist Churches USA,
Episcopal Church,
Evangelical Lutheran Church of America,
the Presbyterian Church (USA)
and The United Church of Christ consider abortion permissible under certain restricted circumstances.[29]
------------

Jacques,

That's a whole lot of Christians who think it's morally acceptable to kill babies in the womb.

posted Hide Post
I'm not saying that these supporters are insignificant. But there are an estimated 30000 Protestant denominations in the world, the majority of which I assume do not support abortion. Also, I'm sure that many individuals in those listed denominations do not support abortion.

But again, abortion is wrong and should not be supported period. I'm not trying to say it is a non-issue.

Posts: 716 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have met 2 women who had abortions their agony mentally emotionally and spiritually crippling them. Abortion may seem an easy solution at the time, but the sufferring caused in the long term has no easy answers.

Margaret (Scotland)

Posts: 13 | Location: scotland | Registered: 16 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jacques:
I'm not saying that these supporters are insignificant. But there are an estimated 30000 Protestant denominations in the world, the majority of which I assume do not support abortion. Also, I'm sure that many individuals in those listed denominations do not support abortion...QUOTE]

Sure, Jacques, I'm sure there are also women attending pro-life churches who are secretly pro-choice. Many of them have had abortions. But it's far from rare to be Christian and pro-choice given the number of Christians who have abortions.

According to the Center for Bio-Ethical Reform:

Women identifying themselves as Protestants obtain 37.4% of all abortions in the U.S.; Catholic women account for 31.3%, Jewish women account for 1.3%, and women with no religious affiliation obtain 23.7% of all abortions. 18% of all abortions are performed on women who identify themselves as "Born-again/Evangelical".

And by the way, look at this horrific stat:

An estimated 43% of all women will have at least 1 abortion by the time they are 45 years old. 47% of all abortions are performed on women who have had at least one previous abortion.

http://www.abortionno.org/Resources/fastfacts.html

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by margaret smith:
I have met 2 women who had abortions their agony mentally emotionally and spiritually crippling them. Abortion may seem an easy solution at the time, but the sufferring caused in the long term has no easy answers.

Margaret (Scotland)
Hello Margaret from Scotland. Smiler Good to meet you!

Very nice to have you join our discussion. You are correct. We have shared about post abortion pain quite a lot over the years. The number of women hurting from abortion is staggering, but there is so much shame about it that most women probably never get the help they need. They know deep inside that taking the innocent life of their totally helpless, dependent child is never, never a morally acceptable decision. A woman's whole bio-psycho-spiritual being is designed to nurture that baby! So even if some women seem to be OK with killing their babies in the womb at the time, as they mature and the layers of deception and rationalization are peeled away and they mature spiritually, they are often left with some level of torment.

If post-abortive woman allow themselves to be known by another, one often sees the extent to which she has unconsciously engaged in some self-punitive functioning. Many women can't enjoy sex afterwards. Many can't fully enjoy their born children. I've met post-abortive women who adopt multiple children in an attempt to make up for the one's they killed. Many post-abortive women are haunted by the internal accusation 'You are a bad mother!' and are absolutely convinced that they deserve life's suffering and especially life's tragedies.

Men are even less able to grieve and repent of abortions. There is a great need for post-abortion healing for both men and women. I feel that unhealed abortion pain and lack of repentance are some of the biggest obstacles to the pro-life movement.

People can't stand up against abortion when they harbor secret shame and/or unrepentance. They feel too much like hypocrites to speak up against abortion. If even a fraction of all the post abortive men and women, who are hiding out in the shadows, receive healing, they would be the final push to end legalized, 'moralized' abortion.

posted Hide Post
Brilliant Sasha

You certainly know how to put things into words succinctly and with such depth and perseption.

Margaret (Scotland)

Posts: 13 | Location: scotland | Registered: 16 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just to make it clear, I consider abortion wrong and agree that we should be standing up against the pro-choice movement.

But I am still saying that Christianity as a whole does not support abortion. Even though Christian woman are among those who get abortions, that does not automatically make them pro-choice. In fact the vast majority probably feel horrible afterwards and live in shame and regret. Thus I don't think that Christians are leading the pro-choice movement or even make up a significant part of it...but perhaps I am naive and uninformed on this last point.

Posts: 716 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jacques:
Just to make it clear, I consider abortion wrong and agree that we should be standing up against the pro-choice movement.

But I am still saying that Christianity as a whole does not support abortion. ..Thus I don't think that Christians are leading the pro-choice movement or even make up a significant part of it...

Yeah, I know Jacques, that you weren't implying otherwise.

I'd suggest though that while Christianity, as a whole, does not explicitly support abortion, there is an implicit acceptance and passivity about abortion among church leaders. They simply do not actively work against it, for reasons which I've already mentioned.

In addition, there are a number of individuals and groups, who call themselves Christians, both Protestant and Catholics, and are explicit advocates of abortion 'rights' which they euphemistically refer to as 'reproductive rights.'

posted Hide Post
You know I love this guy!

Paul Ryan's music to my ears:

It is unfortunate that ‘life’ and ‘choice’ were ever separated and viewed as alternatives.” Ryan continued: “I cannot believe any official or citizen can still defend the notion that an unborn human being has no rights that an older person is bound to respect.

I do know that we cannot go on forever feigning agnosticism about who is human....

The freedom to choose is pointless for someone who does not have the freedom to live.

So the right of “choice” of one human being cannot trump the right to “life” of another. How long can we sustain our commitment to freedom if we continue to deny the very foundation of freedom—life—for the most vulnerable human beings?”

“All conservatives should find it easy to agree that government must uphold every person’s right to make choices regarding their lives and that every person’s right to live must be secured before he or she can exercise that right of choice."

...Ryan also defended his pro-life stance — providing a historical recounting of how the Supreme Court realized African-Americans are persons but failed to recognize that fact about unborn children. ...

The National Right to Life Committee, in tracking the votes Ryan has cast in Congress on important pro-life issues, has crafted a perfect 100% pro-life voting record.

http://www.scribd.com/johnboy_philothea
posted Hide Post
Ryan has even said: "If it's illegal, it's illegal," in the context of considering whether abortion should be criminalized for recipients as well as providers. Also, he rejects the common exceptions for rape and incest and health (vs life) of the mother. He IS consistent. Honorably so.

Posts: 178 | Location: http://www.scribd.com/johnboy_philothea | Registered: 03 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This 74-year-old Vietnamese woman is to be celebrated. A Mother Theresa of sorts.

Pham Thi Cuong, 74, whose hair is silver and who has trouble breathing, pedals around ten kilometers each day on her bicycle searching for disregarded embryos from abortion procedures, and in some cases, the little bodies of babies who had been born and abandoned. Many of them are put into plastic bags and thrown onto the sidewalk where they become prey for insects and other animals, making it difficult to identify them, ...

Cuong cleans them and holds them to make them feel warm. Then she covers them cloth and places them in small jars, reciting prayers before giving them burials ...

The woman said after ten years, she is still haunted by the first experience which made her decide to make the grim task a regular part of her life. “Its body was black and blue and there were ants all over it. Such a painful sight,” she told VnExpress. Cuong said she was going to the market to sell some vegetables and saw a black plastic bag on the sidewalk surrounded by flies and bugs, the sight of which made her nauseous. “There was something moving inside and I just figured a family had thrown out their dead animals, so I just kept going. But then I didn’t feel right and felt the urge to go back. “I was startled to find a newborn infant breathing with difficulty when I unfolded the bag.” Cuong took the baby around the neighborhood in search of a new mother capable of feeding it with breast milk, but the baby died before she managed to find one. ...

After shedding many tears and contemplating the experience for several days, Cuong decided there must be other babies cast out under similar circumstances, which also needed proper burials, “so that their souls may find peace,” she explained.

Every day, she leaves her vegetables at the market to a neighboring vendor and travels around Nghia Hung District, focusing on the plastic bags she sees on the street. She said it is dismaying to see deformed babies who have been abandoned for quite some time, which she tends to find as they are being consumed by animals. .. “But then I thought about their really short life of being abandoned, not even having a place to rest when they died, I still tried to bring them home.” When she finds a baby, she gives it a proper burial before returning to her vegetables at the market.

Cuong said she has had to ignore a lot of criticism that she should forget about these unwanted babies and concentrate on dealing with her own poverty.

http://www.thanhniennews.com/i...3-little-deaths.aspx

In America, we tend to be more tidy about the killing of our preborn children. Rather than relying on garbage dumpsters, abortion providers have begun installing high-power furnaces on-site where aborted fetuses are burned.