Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fundamentalism gone awry Login/Join 
<HeartPrayer>
posted
�Tis a pity when Christian Funamentalists go awry -- especially when mistakingly using their political power to do so with a vengeance.

Warren Chisum, apparently the no. 2 man int Texas� House of Representatives, has joined forced with another Rep. Ben Bridges to distribute a memo to "Stop Teaching Evolution".

So far so good, perhaps. But it is more than a bit problematic when this is linked to Kaballists, the Big Bang, and delusions of a Jewish intellectual conspiracy as described on the linked Fixed Earth website.

Pretty imaginative stuff.

Understandably, the Jewish Anti-Defamation League is demanding an apology for Representative Ben Bridges and his zealous assistant, Marshall Hall...

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah well . . . Roll Eyes

The wonderful thing is that our society is such that they can try to advance their viewpoints, even though it won't go anywhere. I've learned through long experience that it's pretty pointless to try to dialogue with that kind of mentality.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<HeartPrayer>
posted
I have never understood how anyone can insist that the Theory of Evolution is at odds with the Story of Divine Creation in Genesis.

It seems to me �tis a great blasphemy to insists that God can only act on a time scale that we can comprehend, or to insist that the following Bible verse can only be a literal, divine formula: "With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day."

I have never seen the conflict!

(And if there was, it wouldn�t be because the teaching of the Theory of Evolution is a Jewish conspiracy!)

Reply With QuoteReport This Post