Ad
ShalomPlace.com    Shalom Place Community    Shalom Place Discussion Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Christian Morality and Theology    Theology Institute 2009: Christianity in the 21st Century
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Theology Institute 2009: Christianity in the 21st Century Login/Join 
posted
Just thought I'd call to your attention the four-day institute that Kathryn Damiano and I will be co-presenting in June. It'd be great if some of you could make it. The price is certainly right!

- see http://www.heartlandspirituali...ograms.html#theology for more info, including full-description brochure.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil,

Ever considered coming and giving a retreat in Ireland?

Clare

Posts: 52 | Location: Ireland | Registered: 08 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, sure . . . Smiler

I'll go pretty much anywhere, but would need travel paid and some kind of stipend. That always seems to be the rub.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read about Kathryn Damiano some years ago in a book called NUDGED BY THE SPIRIT or some such title. I was highly impressed by her commitment.

Posts: 140 | Location: Canada | Registered: 26 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Dear friends,

Attached is a handout I'll be using with the Theology Institute at Heartland Center for Spirituality in a couple of weeks. I'm sure you'll see what I'm up to, here, and am wondering if you have any suggestions for improving these generalizations. I'll be doing presentations on each of the three worldviews with emphasis on how they have influenced Christian theology, community life, and worship.

Any feedback welcomed.

PDF Docworldviews.pdf (35 Kb, 11 downloads)

Posts: 3948 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Hi gang,

Just to note that the theology institute went well and it's quite a relief to have that off my plate. It was a good learning experience for participants, as we explored in-depth the characteristics of premodern, modern, and postmodern worldviews, and how these have influenced Christian theology, spirituality, liturgy, and community life. We are indeed at an interesting place/time in history.

We taped the sessions and I have the handouts, so maybe I'll put them up as an online workshop sometime.

Posts: 3948 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So glad to hear it went well for you, Phil.

I had wanted to go but couldn't make it happen this year. I'd be happy to have access to the sessions.

Many thanks. Smiler God bless your Center!

Posts: 1091 | Registered: 05 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post