New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the good news of Jesus? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil:
You disagree with theosis? This has been foundational in Christianity since the first century.

Nothing is divine that has not been named so by humans and to name oneself divine is silly.

You do not understand theosis.

That lack of evolution in thinking has led Christian and Muslim idol worshipers to stagnate with poor laws while secular law has bested most of the laws that have come from those religions.

Western "secular" law is rooted in Judeo-Christian ideas about human nature and justice.

DL, you seem to have dropped in here with some kind of an agenda to set things straight -- and that without even reading or considering the topic under consideration and the points that have been made. That's not how we do things here.

Are you not trying to set things straight?

I am all in for theosis and apotheosis but without the divine attribute.

But you are wrong about that being the focus of Christianity.

Their focus is on a salvific Jesus while ignoring that ------

As Ingersoll said; 'no man would be fit for heaven who would consent that an innocent person should suffer for his sin.'

Regards
DL

Posts: 10 | Registered: 14 September 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Their focus is on a salvific Jesus while ignoring that ------

Don't know who "their" is, but salvation through Christ is not antithetical to emphasis on theosis. You can't have the latter without the former.

I am all in for theosis and apotheosis but without the divine attribute.

Theosis means, literally, deification, or divinization, which naturally orients toward divine attributes that give evidence of this process.

Don't know if this is the right forum for you, DL. You seem to think you're talking to fundamentalists or evangelicals. Take your time and read some of what's been discussed here so you'll have a better idea of the forum.

Posts: 3948 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On salvation through Christ.

Which Christ?

Not the common Christian one.

Having another innocent person suffer for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral.

Do you agree?

If you are talking this Jesus -----

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

----- then I am all in but you should realize that that Jesus never claiomed divinity and neither should we.

I have claimed and suffered apotheosis and that was a part of what I gleamed from the experience.

Regards
DL

Posts: 10 | Registered: 14 September 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Which Christ?

There is only one.

I see where you're going. Gnostic stuff. The Christian Church addressed this 1,700 years ago and I've no interest in re-hashing all that over again. But you have to ignore a great deal of Scripture and pick and choose the ones you like to support your position, which is ultimately unsupportable -- at least with Scripture.

As mentioned in another thread, I don't have time for this, and I have a very good idea of where and how it goes and goes and goes. . . Better luck on advancing your gnostic agenda on another forum.

Phil

Posts: 3948 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post