Ad
ShalomPlace.com    Shalom Place Community    Shalom Place Discussion Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Christian Morality and Theology    Atonement for Fallen Humans & Fallen Angels
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Atonement for Fallen Humans & Fallen Angels Login/Join 
posted
The following comes to me through my personal relationship with Father God, His Son, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. Please see: https://shalomplace.org/eve/for...9110765/m/5624027048 My Personal Encounters with Jesus Christ. I have provided scripture and thoughtful insight to support my personal revelations and my faith.

In both, the Old Testament and New Testament, sin offerings were made for the atonement of sins.

Numbers 28:30. Include one male goat to make atonement for you.

Hebrews 5:3. And by reason hereof he ought, as for the people, so also for himself, to offer for sins.

The atonement of sins were made for people before the coming Messiah who were without Christ. And thus, the atonement of sins can be made for those in the afterlife who are also without Christ.

Today, it is common practice for the dead in purgatory to obtain indulgence from God through the Catholic Church for remission of the temporal punishment due to sins whose guilt has already been forgiven (C.C.C., X. Indulgences). So, in other words, the Catholic Church intervenes for the individual by asking Father God, who stores up our good works, to apply some of them in lieu of punishment due to sins. But these indulgences are limited to those who die in the communion of saints. Although, falling short of the glory of Christ, this is a good example of atonement being made for the dead in the afterlife.

The Churches fail to teach the complete work of salvation. Salvation must reach to all humans and fallen angels in all places of all times.

Mark 16:15. He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.”

Jesus descended into hell for three days to deliver the faithful dead with His sacrificial blood atonement.

1 Peter 4:6. For this reason the gospel was preached also to the dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in spirit.

Jesus now holds the keys to death and Hades. The fallen humans and angels in hell can be saved. Otherwise, the work of salvation would not be complete and we fall short of the glory of God.

Revelations 1:18. I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

One of the attributes of God is that He goes unchanging. And Jesus would still hold the keys of death and Hades. He would still be salvaging and delivering the souls of the underworld. This is the one true Son of God.
This is the Jesus, Christians and others should get to know. We must learn to search scripture with the loving heart of Jesus.

Our good works can be offered up to Christ as atonement for the sins of those in the netherworld. Atonement is necessary because they are the fallen. This completes the work of salvation. To say otherwise, is to cut short the work of salvation in Christ.

2 Maccabees 12:46. Thus he made atonement for the dead that they might be freed from this sin.

It is all the same for God to free prisoners in this world from their captives as it is for Christ to free prisoners from their captives in the spirit world.

Zechariah 9:11. As for you, because of the blood of my covenant with you, I will free your prisoners from the waterless pit.

And Christ will free prisoners in hell through you because of the blood of the covenant He has with you. This is a blessing bestowed upon us by our Lord.

And, it is by the power of the Son of God that salvation is carried out.

1 Corinthians 1:18. For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Let’s not fail to see the significance of being able to offer up our goods works as atonement for the sins of the lost souls in hell. Your fallen family, friends, strangers and even angels without God can have their souls restored (salvaged) by the divine power of Christ and be with God, Jesus, the angels, family and friends in heaven. One must be in good standing with God and not sense any unhealthy spirits in one’s life before atonement will be accepted. Although, atonement is required of us for the forgiveness of the sins of those in hell, it is by the Lord’s sacrifice that the souls of the dead can be salvaged and that heaven and hell are open. Glory goes to Father God and His Son, Jesus Christ. It is a privilege to partake in the heavenly family business of salvation and an even greater honor to work so closely with Father God and Christ in salvaging souls.

1 Corinthians 15:19. If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men the most pitiable.

Jesus is mighty to save and He will stretch His staff down to the very depths of hell to save souls.

What I say is true, it has been revealed to me by both Jesus Christ (Son of God) and Father God.

1 Thessalonians 5:19-21. Do not quench the Spirit. Do not treat prophecies with contempt but test them all; hold on to what is good,

In conclusion, this, my friends, is the most loving thing you can do for those without God in the afterlife. And, may God bless you for such an undertaking.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: firefighter,

Posts: 20 | Location: Southern California, USA | Registered: 26 March 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Interesting topic, and one the church has reflected on.

The teaching is that choices made by angels are with total commitment -- 100% investment -- and are hence irrevocable. See the link below for more info.
- https://forums.catholic.com/t/...forgiveness/302577/2

It's good that you have given this much thought and prayer, and who knows: it may well be in God's good plans to reach the fallen angels in some manner. They are not "poor, lost souls," however, at least in the manner that humans are. Much human sin is from weakness and ignorance, but not so with the angels, who know exactly what they're doing and why. 1 Jn. 5:16 pretty much says it's pointless to pray even for humans who have thoroughly given themselves over to sin; so much moreso for angels.

I would also add that we don't accept personal revelations from even the holiest of mystics as authoritative on this forum. All such, as the Catholic Church teaches, have to be evaluated in the light of Church teaching.

(I will soon be moving this topic to the Morality and Theology forum.)

Posts: 3958 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil:
Interesting topic, and one the church has reflected on.
It is also a controversial topic.

“In Christian theology, universal reconciliation (also called universal salvation, Christian universalism, or in context simply universalism) is the doctrine that all sinful and alienated human souls—because of divine love and mercy—will ultimately be reconciled to God. (see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...ersal_reconciliation ).

And there are Christian Universalist’s that teach, “God will not only reconcile all men unto Himself, but He will also reconcile all fallen angels." (see: https://godsplanforall.com/fre...he-riches-of-christ/ ).

Although, I do not believe that all the souls in hell will be reconciled. I do believe that atonement can be made by offering up our good works to Jesus and/or Father God.

I’ve edited the opening post to add an example of atonement being made for the dead using good works -

Today, it is common practice for the dead in purgatory to obtain indulgence from God through the Catholic Church for remission of the temporal punishment due to sins whose guilt has already been forgiven (C.C.C., X. Indulgences). So, in other words, the Catholic Church intervenes for the individual by asking Father God, who stores up our good works, to apply some of them in lieu of punishment due to sins. But these indulgences are limited to those who die in the communion of saints. Although, falling short of the glory of Christ, this is a good example of atonement being made for the dead in the afterlife by offering up good works.

Also, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, commonly known as the Mormon Church, practice, “baptism for the dead.” (See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baptism_for_the_dead ).

quote:
Originally posted by Phil: It's good that you have given this much thought and prayer, and who knows: it may well be in God's good plans to reach the fallen angels in some manner. They are not "poor, lost souls," however, at least in the manner that humans are. Much human sin is from weakness and ignorance, but not so with the angels, who know exactly what they're doing and why. 1 Jn. 5:16 pretty much says it's pointless to pray even for humans who have thoroughly given themselves over to sin; so much moreso for angels.
You may be right in saying that the angels "are not poor lost souls." I will change this in my opening post.

quote:
Originally posted by Phil:I would also add that we don't accept personal revelations from even the holiest of mystics as authoritative on this forum. All such, as the Catholic Church teaches, have to be evaluated in the light of Church teaching.

Understandable, I’m not claiming it to be authoritative. I personally place God above all things, secondly I believe in the Holy Bible, and the Church comes in third.

quote:
Originally posted by Phil: (I will soon be moving this topic to the Morality and Theology forum.)
OK.

Thank you for your reply. God bless.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: firefighter,

Posts: 20 | Location: Southern California, USA | Registered: 26 March 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
You conflate many different topics, here. For one thing, souls in Purgatory are not damned as are the fallen angels and humans in hell. Theology through the centuries has made the point that beings in hell are there because they are completely closed to God. They don't want God, and the consequence of this is Hell, which is what life is like without God.

So no one anywhere is arguing that God is not willing to forgive any being that repents, only that those in Hell are unrepentant and are closed to the prospect. We also know that God respects the free choices of creatures, even if those choices consign them to Hell.

For fallen angels and other beings in hell to change, they would have to become repentant, but the general understanding has been that with death, that option is closed. And, again, remember that the beings in Hell don't want to be with God, and, in the case of angels, this choice is understood to be complete and irrevocable.

Posts: 3958 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post