Ad
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Evangelicals and Thomism Login/Join 
posted
Ok, if this fellow is a theologian, and he is confused, then I don't feel so left out, but I hope
he gets together with Arraj and works this out. I feel a headache coming on... better lie down now. Wink

http://www.henryinstitute.net/...nry-epistemology.doc

Posts: 2559 | Registered: 14 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see this is a Word doc that downloads. I'll check it out soon. What was it about the article that you wanted to discuss more, Michael?

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The author seems concerned with the crisis in theology among evangelicals and makes mention of a theologian named Henry who is taking a shot at what went wrong with the reformation and how Occam's idea that Aquinas did not truly understand Aristotle as well as Occam did.

What I gather from reading through it a second time is that the author argues that Henry is on the right track going back to the reformers and attempting to reduce theology to it's simplest elements. Keep it simple. God reveals himself.

There is mention near the end of Richard Neuhaus and first things which interviewed Henry for an article. first things seems to be in the neighborhood of shalomplace members, so thought I might post and will revisit this issue from many angles until hopefully, I will babble coherently
about all this. Wink

thanks for your patience,

mm <*))))><

Posts: 2559 | Registered: 14 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post