Ad
ShalomPlace.com    Shalom Place Community    Shalom Place Discussion Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Christian Morality and Theology    Christianity, Eschatology & Conspiracy Theory
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Christianity, Eschatology & Conspiracy Theory Login/Join 
posted
Hi Everybody,

Starting about 3 years ago, a group of students at my Theological college began to discuss and research conspiracy theory and its relationship to Christianity and Eschatology.

Subjects covered everything from The illuminati and freemasonry to HIV/AIDS and the evils in the medical/pharmacuetical complex.

As far as I am concerned some of the so called "conspiracy theories" provide Key insight into the kingdom of darkness and the way that it operates in this world.

One of the major influences was a book that you can get free online called How The World Really Works BY ALAN B. JONES.

I have a copy of the Naked Capitalist (great read) about the banking families and their control of american politics, education etc.

Also interesting is a book on medical evil and conspiracy Demonised Doctoring

New World Order Basically it all comes down to the world being controlled more or less by those with great power and wealth. Controlled more than is usually admitted. The New World Order is the ultimate aim of this control in which Satan (perhaps through the final Antichrist) will seek to be crowned God of it all. There is so, so, so much more than this, just google conspiracy theory or New World Order etc.
but why am I posting about it.

As I said, the way I read the Bible, I see the kingdom of God and the Kingdom of Satan at war. God's kingdom is manifest wherever the Holy Spirit is working. Ultimately God's kingdom is not of this world, but Satan's is.

Christians today seem to have forgotten what Jesus said about the world. The bleak picture of the future of world history painted in Revelation seems to have been forgotten. The truth is that the world is going to get worse and worse (at least the way I currently read the Bible). Satan is manifesting His kingdom and conspiracy theory paints a pretty good picture of the way he is doing it.

What do you guys think.
P.S. I am not saying that I agree with everything written on the above links, just that I agree with the general (and some of the specific) pictures they paint about what is going on behind the scenes of world history.

Posts: 716 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Recently whilst reflecting on the false self, evolution and its affect on what I believe about the New world order, I considered the fact that spiritually evolution may work in two ways.

For those who live in Christ out of their true selves evolution moves them toward greater levels of what God planned for humanity.

For those who live counter to Christ out of their false selves evolution leads them to take part in the Kingdom of Darkness which is aiming to set up the New World Order and usher in Satan's final assualt on God.

Just a thought Smiler

Posts: 716 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anybody heard of David Icke,

crazy character, but I think his biggest mistake is confusing demons with aliens.

posted Hide Post
http://www.opposingdigits.com/openeyes/

Icke seems to have indulged deeply in almost every paranoid conspiracy theory going around for centuries.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
True, but he does a really good job of pulling it all together, even if he does get some stuff wrong, mostly his interpretation of events imo.

But seriously Phil, I really feel most of this stuff is explainable through Eschatology. I know it is a subjective discipline in many ways. But doesn't the Bible indicate a global, evil world power at the end of time i.e. Babylon the Great.

posted Hide Post
. . .even if he does get some stuff wrong, mostly his interpretation of events imo.

Pretty big error, don't you think? Wink

Re. the Bible and apocalyptic literature . . . pretty obscure texts, imo. What I hear affirmed most clearly and unambiguously is that
- history belongs to God and will be fulfilled in Christ;
- the powers of evil will oppose God's reign until the end.

Beyond that, I'm not so sure we can be very specific, Jacques. It seems that everyone who's tried to read world events into apocalyptic texts ends up looking like a fool (e.g., Hal Lindsay's "Late, Great Planet Earth"). So I'm wary of conspiracy theories for that reason, and because they seem to be impervious to rational critique. No matter how many times people have accused Freemasons or rich Jews of orchestrating world event, for example, close scrutiny of the facts shows little basis for believing this . . . all of which the conspiracy buffs claim is par for the course -- another cover-up of some kind.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Phil,

I completely agree that trying to be specific eg Hal Lindsay is looking for trouble, and therfore whenever I read conspiracy websites I do so with a pinch of salt and the realization that they are looking for "demons" behind every bush.

Why this doesn't lead me completely away from what the conspiracy guys are saying is that I have a sense of the magnitude of the kingdom of darkness. God is intelligent and you can see that in his creation and sustaining of the world and his development of His kingdom.

Just so, imo Satan is no fool and for him to be seeking a kingdom and crown of his own without proper planning and purpose seems foolish. Hence my interest in SOME of what the conspiracy guys are saying.

Amongst my friends we call his construct The system. It is the political, religious, medical, educational etc etc systems of the world that keeps people afraid, misinformed, tied to finacial systems, dependant on govenrment and institutions for life i.e. not free, not free indeed. Therefore we see it as the construct of Satan and the manifestation of his kingdom in this world. Conspiracy guys seem to tap into this darkness because they sense that something is wrong with the world.

What do you think?

posted Hide Post
Jacques, I think we mostly agree on the important things, but I believe the conspiracy guys are looking in the wrong places to see where the danger lies. Have any of them pointed a finger at militant Islam? I rest my case. Wink