Ad
ShalomPlace.com    Shalom Place Community    Shalom Place Discussion Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Book and Movie Reviews    Truth Vs Falsehood, How to Tell the Difference , Dr. David Hawkins, M.D., P.H.D.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Truth Vs Falsehood, How to Tell the Difference , Dr. David Hawkins, M.D., P.H.D. Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Ok, so we are actually thinking now. This is fun! Smiler

Corporations (for comparison's sake the Democratic Party, USA is 310 and Republicans at 315)

American Spirit Tobacco Co. 285

American Spirit Tobacco (product) 205

Bayer (pharmeceuticals) 350

Ben & Jerry's 340

Bean, L.L. 330

Bloomingdale's Department Store 255

Boeing Corp. 320

Campbell's (soup) 280

Coca Cola 211

Costco 310

Dillard's Department Store 350

Dow Chemical 325

Fed-Ex 340

Ford Motor Co. 205

General Electric 205

General Motors 205

Gulf, Exxon 205

Harley Davidson 300

Heinz Co., H.J. 280 (Kerry's Mrs.?) Wink

Homco 305

Home Depot 305

IBM 250

IKEA 210

Kellog Co. 355

K-Mart 225

Lowe's 300

Macey's Department Store 270

McDonald's 205

Microsoft Corp. 345

Nordstrom's Department Store 260

Pepsi 209

Pfizer 205

Sears, Roebuck (catalog era) 350

Singapore Airlines 275

Smuckers 340

Southwest Airlines 345

Starbucks 245

Viacom 240

Union Carbide Corp. 235

UPS 216

Wal-Mart 365 (Hawkins says that Wal-Marts recent critics are below the level of integrity. Sam Walton, Lee Iacocca and Mother Teresa all endorsed Power VS Force.)

Wendy's 245

I'm just a little disappointed with Ronald McDonald! Frowner

ronaldMcmysticalmichaelhouse.org

Posts: 2559 | Registered: 14 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Coca Cola 211

I wonder what Coca-Cola's crime is to be just 211?

Posts: 5413 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 21 September 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didn't you see the movie, "The gods must be crazy," and all that trouble started by a Coke bottle? Cool

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, I do believe Phil has cleverly explained the low rating for Coca-Cola. And I�m pretty sure I understand the low rating for Union Carbide. Weren�t they the ones involved in that chemical factor debacle in India a few years back?

Wendys 245: They were rated lowest in cleanliness by a fairly recent media investigative reporting piece of various franchises.

Smuckers 340: With a name like Smuckers ya just gotta be in the mid 300�s.

McDonald�s 205: Cleaner than the Wendy�s franchise. They both feature hamburgers so that couldn�t be the difference. So why does Wendy�s rate higher? Perhaps unconsciously people prefer the congenial Dave Thomas (wow�he does seem a pretty nice guy) to the psychotic clown.

Ben & Jerry�s 340: Well, I guess one can earn an extra hundred point or so be donating to fruity and nutty left-wing cause. Not sure why the Ronald McDonald house is given such short shrift. Perhaps it�s because McDonald�s is considered one of those evil things called "corporations" while Ben & Jerry�s, errr, is no doubt run out of someone�s garage. Yeah. That�s it.

Bayer 350: Wow, a pharmaceutical company in the mid 300�s. Who�d have thought. Pharmaceuticals are the current Devil of the Month among the left and even somewhat the public at large. Interesting, especially when generic aspirin is supposedly just as good and costs WAY less. Someone see if Hawkins has stock in the company. Wink

Starbucks 245: Now don�t tell me that the recent insane "green" campaign against Starbucks has taken root even in Hawkins� mind. Let�s hope not. How could coffee, especially such a quality franchise as Starbucks, not be in the 300�s?

UPS 216: Now THIS I agree with. I usually send packages via USPS because anything sent by UPS tends to get the hell knocked out of it. I think they�ve been cutting costs by simply not landing the planes and dumping the packages out the rear of the aircraft in flight.

Costco 310: My subconscious would had rated them at just above Union Carbide for the insane notion of making people pay for the privilege of shopping there.

Posts: 5413 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 21 September 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didn't you see the movie, "The gods must be crazy," and all that trouble started by a Coke bottle?

LOL.....That's really funny, Phil. That must be the reason. LOL

Posts: 77 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<w.c.>
posted
I'm guessing the real trouble started with a coke bong, and the PG translation followed.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah, WC. The word "coke" would certainly have some bad connotations. Man, that must have been some drink back when it actually had cocaine in it.

posted Hide Post
How does the educational establishment stack up? Ward LeRoy Churchill is hanging on to his job by a thread.
It's still a regular local news item in my neck of the woods. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ward_Churchill

Major Universities and Schools

Academie Francais 415

Arizona, University of (Tuscon) 405

Baylor University 430

Big-10 Universities 460

Bryn Mawr University 455

California, Univ. of, Berkeley 385

Cambridge University 455

California, Univ. of, Los Angeles 385

Chicago, University of 425

Duke University 430

Duke University Medical School 435

Edinburgh, University of, Scotland 425

Exeter Academy 465

Fordham University 440

Harvard Divinity School 455

Harvard Medical School 445

Heidelberg, University of 445

Ivy League Colleges 455

Jones, Bob, University 400

Marquette University 440

Medical College of Wisconsin 440

Meherry Medical College 420

Morehouse School of Medicine 410

Motorola University 400

Naropa 400

Oxford Union 495

Oxford University 435

Sandhurst Military Academy (U.K.) 465

Sorbonne, The (Paris) 415

So. Florida University 305

Stanford Univerity 400

Tuskegee University 400

Wellesley 440

West Point Military Academy 425

So far no calibration of Mr. Churchill, but Hawkins claims that the U.S. Constitution is based on Iroquois law.

Unions

Airlines 205

Others (general) 200-208

Steelworkers 202

Teamsters (current) 205

I don't know, but Hawkins might wind up like Jimmy
Hoffa with that kind of talk! Wink

Posts: 2559 | Registered: 14 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It looks like the schools generally get high marks, MM. There�s certainly a dip in the rating of "So. Florida University." I wonder what the story is behind that? Most of the others are in the 400�s and above.

�but Hawkins claims that the U.S. Constitution is based on Iroquois law.

I�m not saying the Native Americans didn�t have their own sophisticated associations and government, but do you suppose there is credible evidence that:

quote:
The Iroquois Confederacy existed centuries before the U.S. Constitution was written. Historians, anthropologists and traditional chiefs addressed the proposal the U.S. Constitution was based on the Iroquois Great Law of Peace rather than on Greek democracy, as is commonly believed and taught.
Perhaps this is the case and the Founding Fathers simply did not make mention of this, particularly in the Federalist Papers. Or maybe�

quote:
Will, George. "Therapeutic History is Snake Oil," syndicated column [Washington Post Writers Group] in Seattle Post-Intelligencer, July 14, 1991.

Will, writing about "feel-good history," brings the New York State curriculum guide into his argument as an example. Referring to references in the guide to Iroquois contributions to the Constitution, Will says: "Such fictions are supposed to nurture minorities' 'self-esteem'...on the basis of scant evidence."
One wonders if we�re not taking something away from Native American history by trivializing it with fantasy as opposed to appreciating it for what it was/is in fact, both the strengths and weaknesses.

posted Hide Post
Churchill was at 510

Hitler in 1939 - 125

Neville Chamberlain 185

From Truth Vs Falsehood �Caveat: Note to Reader

quote:
Overall the basic dictum to the information reported is that importance is not based on whether it is pleasing or not, but whether it is true or false and to what degree. The reported calibrations are the result of research and not the authors opinion. thus theres is no point in writing querulous letters that usually follow the format of �how come you rated walruses higher than seals, etc�. Like a calculator, the described methodology results in numbers, not subjective bias or opinion.�
I have come to the conclusion that explaining kinesiology in the 21st centaury is probably comparable to trying to explain the workings of a radio or TV set to people living in the Middle Ages.

�No the persons voice coming from the speaker is not their actual voice and their not inside the devise. Their voice is travelling invisibly in the air and the devise interprets this invisible sound wave so you can hear them�

It�s not magic or sorcery�.just basic electronics Get it !! �.

As I�ve mentioned before we live in a Newtonian linear paradigm of reality and that acts as the universal filter for every phenomenon.

It will be awhile before this lens of reality is refocused to see new insights.

Michael

Posts: 22 | Location: Sydney  | Registered: 17 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Churchill was at 510

Wow. That's pretty high. But it is quite arguable that we might all be slaves but for that one man.

The arm muscle is connected to the arm nerve. The arm nerve is connected to the brain stem. The brain stem is connected to the main brain. So I guess what I'm saying, MM, is how does one justify the conclusion that in this instance the workings of the nervous system are completely disconnected from conscious or unconscious perceptions? And if one could show this then one would still have to show how a sort of disembodied muscle could make such judgments objectively and why it should be able to make such judgment when deprived of brainpower, not given more.

As I�ve mentioned before we live in a Newtonian linear paradigm of reality and that acts as the universal filter for every phenomenon.

I have no doubt that I can't even begin to envision the seven or so extra dimensions that string theory says exist. And there can be little doubt there are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, then are dreamt of in your philosophy. And maybe you're catching a glimpse of the essence of the process that evades me. But I have to tell you in all sincerity that I'm not sold on Hawkins' work. But I also admit I don't know that much about it. Perhaps he has taken a raving conservative like me (and a similarly raving leftist) and done muscle tension measurements of a number of dichotomous things like, say, the ACLU, and the measurements have been the same. That would be evidence that such a technique is measuring more than just the unconscious

posted Hide Post
Coca Cola 211

Pepsi 209

- - -

OK, let's just take that one. What's it supposed to mean? That Coca Cola is objectively better than Pepsi in some manner? That the cosmic intelligence of the universive manifesting through our unconscious and quantified in AK calibrations thinks Coca Cola is a higher quality drink than Pepsi? That the company makes a better drink? That it's run better?

And what does it mean that Coca Cola has a higher number than pacifism (185) or the philosophy of Sartre (200)? Pacifism, while pretty quirky, nevertheless is a much higher expression of consciousness than a glass of Coca Cola! Even a company focused on making such shouldn't be manifesting higher consciousness than Sartre's philosophy.

----

These are all matters of opinion that Hawkins is calibrating, and he's implying that there's some way of objectively evaluating these kinds of things.

The 21st century does indeed "get" electronics. I'm typing on a very high manifestation of this understanding right now. So, then . . .

a. What is the "source" of the electrical emission that's supposedly being emitted and quantified in AK?

b. How/why does it give differing numbers for Coca Cola and Pepsi? What's that supposed to mean?

I already know these answers from previous discussions, and what I've heard is anything but "electronics."

Someone explain the "electronics" involved, please.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone explain the "electronics" involved, please.

Okay.

posted Hide Post
Hardee har. Big Grin

But . . . seriously: what Hawkins is ultimately doing is eliminating the realm of subjectivity and opinion by proposing that AK can give us facts instead. That's ridiculous! (my opinion, of course, which calibarted at 635 Wink )

posted Hide Post
Well, I don't know what to make of all this. Michael seems to enjoy delving into it. And Hawkins seems to sell a lot of books. No harm done. And after all, who am I to judge another person...[WHACK!]

Thank you. I needed that. I almost had a multiculturalist moment right there. Carry on, MM. I'm sure I'm doing nothing in particular for my own personal AK rating so I'll stop muscling in (nyuck nyuck) in this conversation.