Ad
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picture of Phil
posted
See http://rebeccaluellamiller.wor...ar-and-christianity/ for an overview of reviews by Christian publications.

I saw it over the holidays with my son and son-in-law and thought it very well done, both in presentation (which is awesome in 3D) and story line. There's unquestionably a new-agey "everything is one and interconnected in the goddess" theme, but, hey, we're talking about the beliefs of an alien people in a piece of fiction. Didn't bother me. Their beliefs are similar to many tribal groups. Western, capitalistic, corporation greediness surely was lambasted in the process. Nothing overtly anti-Christian, as far as I could tell.

Did anyone else see it? What'd you think?

Posts: 3958 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am glad to hear that, Phil! Good to know that your evaluation is a far cry from L'Osservatore Romano. I read that the Vatican had all sorts of objections, some of them a bit far fetched, although I don’t know if Mr Ratzinger himself went to see the film.

As you point out, we are talking fantasy here -- and an alien culture at that. I shall look forward to seeing it myself.

Posts: 77 | Location: Norway | Registered: 04 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The movie was amazing and the best one. i heard its second part is also coming.

Posts: 5 | Location: US | Registered: 05 May 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post