Ad
ShalomPlace.com    Shalom Place Community    Shalom Place Discussion Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Book and Movie Reviews    The Last Supper -- in wondrous detail!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Last Supper -- in wondrous detail! Login/Join

<HeartPrayer>
posted
This is neither a book nor a movie, but I feel it fitting to post this here all the same.

"The Last Supper" by Leonardo Da Vinci is now available for perusing only -- in a degree of detail never before seen.

So, short of visiting the Santa Maria delle Grazie monastery in Milan, I suspect this is your best bet for having a close look at Leonardo�s fresco masterpiece.

The online photo 16,118,035,591 pixels to be exact. That�s right 16 billion!

So forget about trying to download... Smiler

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool!

Posts: 417 | Registered: 17 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<HeartPrayer>
posted
This film clip made my day. Smiler

posted Hide Post
I think you must have meant that for the "exquisite music" thread, HP. I went to a local church concert last night that sang that song in much the same way, and a few others of similar vein.

The Last Supper image online is very well-done. My wife and I got to see it in Milan in May 1990. We were the only ones in the room and had a long time to view it (a slow day in Milan, I guess). It had undergone extensive corruption, owing to Da Vinci using inferior material. From what I understand, it was, for him, mostly an exercise in three-dimensional perspective. He was also experimenting with a new type of paint and it didn't work out so well.

This painting is one that The Da Vinci Code made such a big deal about, most of its symbol interpretation being far-fetched baloney. Lots and lots of web sites on this topic.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<HeartPrayer>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Phil:
I think you must have meant that for the "exquisite music" thread, HP. I went to a local church concert last night that sang that song in much the same way, and a few others of similar vein.
No, I meant it for this thread.

I�m greatly looking forward to the "August Rush" film, after also having seen the trailer. In the film clip, I am as moved by the sensitive cinematography and wonderful child acting as I am by the music itself -- and that�s saying a lot!

Smiler HeartPrayer

posted Hide Post
HP, I don't understand the connection between the August Rush film and Da Vinci's "Last Supper." Did I miss something in the trailer?

Check out http://www.hscd.shalomplace.org/ My wife produced this CD, which is of a choir in Wichita. There are a few samples you can listen to.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<HeartPrayer>
posted
No connection whatsoever between August Rush and Da Vinci.
Two separate posts on two disparate subjects.

I greatly look forward to listening to the CD samples later. Smiler