Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

favorite music Login/Join

<w.c.>
posted
I'm still in denial about this in my better moments, but with anonymity here at SP, will admit I'm still a closet John Denver fan. In the 70's, as a teenager, there was such captivation for his music, and for Barry Manilow's at the same time, and so for that unfortunate mix of music, my shame lives on in memory.

Seriously, he is probably one of the greatest American song writers, along with Jim Croce, Paul Simon, and a few others. Here's one of my favorites:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eivZd4j5MBs

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<w.c.>
posted

<w.c.>
posted
I posted this one some time ago (or somebody did, on an old thread), but Tommy Emmanuel is amazing. Phil and Lisa saw him live recently (he gets his head back around 2:45):

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITt_yblSNrs

And Emmanuel with another great talent playing "While My Guitar Gently Weeps."

www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5qakFIecBU

posted Hide Post
Yes, I really like John Denver, too. Here's a good youtube of my two favorite "John" singers of the 70s.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...kJ5A&feature=related

Re. Tommy Emmanel: Angelina is my favorite! Note that he does his own percussions -- tapping fingers on the guitar box. He seems to so delight in playing -- and I would, too, if I could play like that.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhR04kmcSXU
(over 6,300 five star ratings)

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John Denver -- that brings back lots of memories from another era. Smiler

Posts: 77 | Location: Norway | Registered: 04 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh my . . . as if 13 year old Faryl Smith weren't enough! This 15 year old boy moves the heart with a similar depth. It's from Australia's spin off on Britain's Got Talent. Be sure to listen to both videos, as they show the range and maturity of his young voice. And as always, the x-factor is: what kind of parents are lurking behind the scenes?!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF4DPszYekQ

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBSATKqZZb4

This message has been edited. Last edited by: w.c.,

Posts: 235 | Registered: 02 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where do these folks hide such gifts?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2jXt5...28048E3&index=3-134k

Posts: 235 | Registered: 02 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let everyone lay his/her hands on the DVD
Leonard Cohen Live in London (2008)
AMAZING!