Hello Login/Join

<Karlinrbb>
posted
Hello

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Karlinrbb>,

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Hi Karlinrbb. Glad the guidance you are receiving has sent you here. I hope we can be helpful.

What's interesting is that you haven't been seeking this kind of experience, but it just "showed up." It seems that you are beginning to have a spiritual awakening.

It's not unheard of that childbirth should bring about such an awakening. I recall Christian Groff sharing the same. Women who use Lamaz or similar breathing patterns often share experiences of energy movements, but I don't know if that was part of your child birthing process.

You mention meditation. What exactly do you mean by this? What do you do? What are you hoping will happen?

The energy process has its own built-in guidance if you pay close attention. Basically, don't try to force anything to happen, like opening higher chakras or something like that. Go with the flow, and pay close attention to your religious questions and intuitions. Take them seriously, and do some study, if you are moved in that direction. If you need help and support from someone, you will find him/her, but don't go rushing off to get mixed up with a guru or yogi. Take your time and honor your religious search.

Posts: 3948 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi there Karlin

I don't know what Christianity has to say about how babies acquire souls by which I mean the spiritual mechanics of it but in the system attributed to the Yaqui way of knowledge the non physical part of men and women is seen as a large luminous egg shape and that when they have children holes appear in the center of that luminosity.

For warriors pursuing the path of knowledge that would represent a diminuition of power.

Perhaps you are in the process of healing that loss.

Posts: 34 | Registered: 11 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Karlinrbb>
posted
Thank you both for taking the time to respond.

When I meditate I just focus on my breathing. I don't go into meditation with any specific intention, I just calm myself and mind and simply observe my breathing. I see lots of shapes and colors behind my eyelids during meditation, i observe these. I'm more mindful of myself. I've never been "taught" how to meditate or if there are other steps involved?

I had a fairly standard American birth. In a hospital with an epidural. I did not practice any special breathing or birthing techniques.

It's interesting that birthing a child could bring about a hole in your energy (aura?).

I have been trying to keep my attitude and "vibrations" positive. My mom suggested I keep certain crystals around my person and my house. I have been using mainly quartz, amethyst and turquoise.

I've brought up many different subjects. Sorry for my scatter mind!

Thank you!

Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Karlin, the kind of meditation process you describe is good for calming the mind and de-stressing. I wouldn't place much significance in inner visual phenomena that happen then -- it's just the way the brain is being stimulated. I don't know that the synchronicities mean much, either; once we start "noticing" patterns like this, the unconscious part of our mind seems to direct our attention to anything that fits. The most significant part is the experience of energy that you can move around, and that might come to pass in time as well. I would suggest not getting involved with that, or maybe just draw the energy lovingly to your heart region.

It's usually not a good idea to cultivate kundalini or other high-powered energy processes outside a religious perspective, which provides a kind of "container" for helping to integrate the process.

It sounds like finding a religious perspective for your life is part of the "work" of this time in life, for you. As the mother of two, now, you'll need to decide how you will raise them and what you will teach them about God, spirituality, and so forth. It's really important that you do so, if not for yourself, then for them. Maybe you could consider these energy experiences a kind of wake-up call, inviting you to undertake your religious search in earnest. I really don't think the "spiritual, but not religious" approach works very well, as those who go that route end up picking and choosing what they're comfortable with. Let the search for truth be the priority, and start where you left off, with the religion you were raised with. That's all way more important than trying to manage "vibrations" and stuff like that, which keeps us self-focused and forever meddling with our inner lives.

Posts: 3948 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Karlinrbb>
posted
Thank you!

What beautiful advice you have given me! I more comfortable with myself and situation.

I have struggled to find faith in any one religion. I feel that there is something larger than myself present. As you stated, I have a hard time finding something that fits. I will view from a different point and begin with Christianity. I lost faith in Christianity my freshman year of highschool. I am quite ignorant in religion, so informing myself will be step one.

I am looking forward to my journey.

Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
That's great, Karlin. Just remember that there are different types of Christianity, just as there are in any religion. Good luck in your search.