Paperback and digital editions

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kundalini Head Pressure Login/Join

posted
I found this video helpful, having suffered head pain for a while now. The idea and practise of directing energy down and back into the body seems to be alleviating pressure for the time being. I'd always imagined the energy had to go up and out of the head.

The guy obviously comes from an Eastern perspective, but purely in terms of dealing with the K it's pretty good.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq4NVSp35Rs

Posts: 538 | Registered: 24 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Samson

Phil has also written about experiencing pain
with kundalini. If interested
https://shalomplace.org/eve/for.../25010765/m/78210765

Posts: 400 | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Clare
posted Hide Post
Has anyone experienced deep itch along spine, and base, which is relentless. I have had it for several years. I read on El Collie's site that its a process of rewiring. But I have had it for 11 years now, and pray daily for peace. Nothing seems to calm it. When I am walking along the beach or doing gentle gardening work I am distracted by it, but it seems to have awakened hugely in the past year as a result of medical treatment. Feel like giving up completely. Its too much. I pray in tongues whenever I can, but am so tired. Any suggestions, either here or on skype.

Posts: 65 | Location: Ireland | Registered: 18 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
this video helpful, having suffered head pain for a while now. The idea and practise of directing energy down and back into the body seems to be alleviating pressure for the time being. I'd always imagined the energy had to go up and out of the head.

The Taoists practice circulation of energy, whilst the Hindus generally practice the up and out the top paradigm. No kundalini for me so I'm just passing on what I've read Smiler

Posts: 716 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
That sounds miserable, Clare. I've had lower back pains several times in my life, but can't say it was K related.

Jacques is referring to the Microcosmic Orbit, which is an energy pathway and a practice used in Taoism. Lots of info on this if you do a search. The main features are curling the tongue back so the tip of it touches between the hard and soft palate; sitting straight up with the chin tucked in, as though you're looking at a place on the floor about 18" in front of your feet; breathing slowly and naturally, allowing breath to become centered in the navel area (zen's hara); I like to do something like centering prayer with the breathing. 10 min or so of this can be invigorating.

Yogic backrolls can also help to free up blocked energy. Just lie flat on your back on the floor, pull your knees toward your chest and wrap your arms around them, then roll forward and backwards, side to side, 10 - 20 times or more. Poor man's back massage! Wink

If the itching is not from blocked energy but irritated nerves or meridians, maybe some kind of herbal treatment would help. Maybe Chinese medicine would have something to offer, here?

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Posts: 3948 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Clare,

You write: “it seems to have awakened hugely in the past year as a result of medical treatment.”

Perhaps you should consider abandoning whatever your medical treatment is.

Based on your statement, you’ve been enduring medical punishment not medical treatment. Actually, perhaps that treatment contains a hint. You might explore taking just the opposite tack. If the treatment is a drug that works in a certain way, you and your doctor might explore what that way is and then find a medicine that works in an opposite manner. You yourself might read the description of the drug and how it works and its side effects.

Certainly, as Jacques and Phil mention, there are different means of energy circulation that kundalini yoga and qigong address, but if your condition has been aggravated by a medical treatment it would seem that its continuance would be counterproductive.

Pop-pop

Posts: 465 | Registered: 20 October 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Clare
posted Hide Post
Thank you Phil and Jacques. I am listening, and aware that anxiety is playing quite a roll here too. Am now facing surgery. So Please God let this be soon. Please keep me in your prayers. (tears) Its been a hell of a couple of years.

Posts: 65 | Location: Ireland | Registered: 18 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Clare,

Our posts may have crossed. I see that you are now considering surgery. Before you do, I would try all non-invasive means.

In addition to what I have posted above for your consideration, I would also think you might try seeing a Chinese doctor / acupuncturist.

And I would definitely recommend asking a priest to administer the sacrament of Anointing of the Sick!

Pop-pop

Posts: 465 | Registered: 20 October 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Clare,
I'll lift you up in my prayers, dear friend. Smiler

Posts: 1091 | Registered: 05 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Clare, I am praying for you. Thankfully you have been receiving prayer and other good support via the posts suggesting possible venues to consider. Only you know your complete medical and emotional history, so I pray that you may hear the Holy Spirit plainly.

What has helped me on two occasions that surgery was advised (painful back and tear in rotator cuff) was learning that healing comes when body, mind, and spirit are in harmony. I asked the physician to give me muscle relaxants and pain med and time to work out my own personal plan. (He did not give me narcotics) Then I wrote a daily program for myself in all three areas. It began very simple and I upgraded it as I became more sensitive to my needs. Focusing on gratitude and Romans 8:28 overshadowed all three areas. Each thing you do in one area helps the other two areas, but all areas have to be covered each day. Once I came into healing, then I could relax the intensity but still stick with maintenance. The mind for me was a challenge to constantly surrender all negative thoughts to God (centering prayer helps here).Healing is built into the body ( see psychoneuroimmunology); and the body has its own pain killers called endorphins. I weaned myself off the medication totally within three weeks to allow my own body to take over. I learned what I am able to do with my back and it is no longer painful. The arm injury was in July and now I am able to move it in all directions with no restrictions.

Certainly physical and emotional suffering can be offered to God for his own good purposes, but we can offer up our prayers, works, joys, almsgiving to serve the same purpose. Do I backslide? Yes indeed, and I have to surrender again and again to the mercy of God, which has taught me to be more disciplined.

God loves you very much, Clare. Keep in touch.

Posts: 34 | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quote: And I would definitely recommend asking a priest to administer the sacrament of Anointing of the sick.

Great idea, Pop-Pop. Hopefully that is available to Clare. In the post I just wrote, I neglected to mention that was the first thing I requested before I did my part in my injuries. I have great faith in that sacrament for healing.

Posts: 34 | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post