The Kundalini Process: A Christian Understanding
by Philip St. Romain
Paperback and digital editions; free sample

Kundalini Energy and Christian Spirituality
- by Philip St. Romain
Paperback and digital editions

ShalomPlace.com    Shalom Place Community    Shalom Place Discussion Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Kundalini Issues and Spiritual Emergencies    Kundalini Issues and Why "Is" There A Kundalini (Or Two)?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kundalini Issues and Why "Is" There A Kundalini (Or Two)? Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tucker:

Hi Mary Sue,

The Kundalini that Phil writes about in his book does not lead to or give a person an "out of body (oob)" experience. And I do not do out of body types of things. I have experienced that phenomenon by accident when I was exploring the raising of the male kundalini which is a Raja and Kriya Yoga exercise so I do know how it is done by the folks that do that kind of stuff, but I do not do that kind of stuff. Because it is very dangerous I also recommend that others do not do it or try to do it either.

The waking up of the areas above your head will give you a mind's eye experience where you experience an expanded vision and understanding of things. Which is what brings one closer to the Divine. But that is not an "out of body" experience and shouldn't be confused with one.

love, tucker

Thank you Tucker for your comments.

There are so many different beliefs about Kundalini that it was down right confusing for me. I am now coming from more of a neurological/body understanding. That experience depends on what part of the brain/body is being stimulated. This in turn
can develop certain abilities or gifts. And for me this makes sense. Once certain gifts are developed the journey continues.
Things can look and develop very differently for individuals.

I've met quite a few who say they experience OOB. One even saying that this is part of the journey. And if you do not experience them you are not on the correct path. You can perhaps see where my confusion comes from. So finally thing make sense to me.

I have considered OOB the same as experiencing the chakras above the crown. As some people i know experience both.
I did not experience either of these things as dangerous. I can understand that you had a very different experience & so feel very differently about these things. Personally I saw no need for OOB for my journey so did not develop that talent/skill.

I experienced some chakras above the crown. This is when i first met Jesus. However there was a strong reaction in my whole brain afterwards. So was the experience actually above my crown or in my brain? or both ?? Was this an actual mystical experience (it certainly seemed to be to me) or was this simply a reaction to having my total brain activated by a new energy flowing into it.

After thought on this. I don't know if i experienced chakras above the crown. I experienced Jesus above my crown.

Christianity to my understanding is a belief system based on faith. Kundalini may or may not be part of one's experience. I would not think Phil experienced OOB but needed to ask. And i believe that we have some degree of choice what our journeys look like.

I am very interested in how you have come to understand how OOB & the chakras above the crown are not the same type of experience.
Unless it has to do with the depth (physic vs spiritual ).
Thanks again

Posts: 400 | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

Hi Mary Sue,

Actually, we do it all the time in our sleep. If you journal your dreams daily, and it can become rather time consuming because you begin remembering more and more, a whole new awareness begins to emerge.

The enlightenment/nirvana experience for me was OOB/OBE, and not something one imagines, dreams, or hallucinates. But, I digress... you can read about it here... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06WWD2QJJ

Namaste'[/QUOTE]
Hello Les

Thank you for sharing your perspective. I can't absolutely say that i no longer experience OOB during sleep. So to the best of my ability to know i no longer experience this gift. I remember making a decision not to continue with them as they did not seem
necessary for loving Jesus.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Mary Sue:
I am very interested in how you have come to understand how OOB & the chakras above the crown are not the same type of experience.

Hi again Mary Sue Smiler , confusing I agree with, all of this stuff is confusing. "So how did I come to understand how OOB and chakras above the crown are not the same experience?" Well Mary sue if you find yourself up around the ceiling looking down on your body, then you are having an out of body experience. Other wise you are having a "Mind's Eye" experience that may or may not be a chakra above the head experience. Basically the chakras above the head are one's own brain, but just more awake. And the more one's brain is awake the more sensitive they are to things.

There is a Kriya Yoga meditation where you see the top of your head being gone and then you look around two or three blocks away with your "mind's eye". This is not an "out of body experience". Our minds have more or less the ability to look at things and to feel things that are a distance away, it is just that most of us don't know it or just plain don't want to know it Smiler . Which is ok. I keep most of that stuff shut off because to be honest with you it is disturbing.

And Mary Sue, the chakras or energy centers above "your" head are already very awake, you were born that way. This is why you are more sensitive than most folks and why you are interested in the things that you are interested in. And also why you have the experiences that you have. And why you want to explore the things that you want and like to explore.

"And if you do not experience them, then you are not on the correct path." Mary Sue, the correct path to where Smiler ?

love, tucker

Posts: 429 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Good exchanges. Thank you all.

I recall reading about Robert Monroe's experiences with OBE years ago, and how he eventually developed a technology for inducing the experience. He himself used to enjoy leaving his body and traveling about in some other realms, until one day unfriendly beings tormented him and even inflicted pain. He wrote about all this in books on his experiences. One take-away: the "spiritual realm" isn't completely benevolent; don't go messing around there without protection -- like a strong guardian angel, or Jesus. Best yet -- don't go messing around there at all.

More about Monroe:
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Monroe

Posts: 3948 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil:
Good exchanges. Thank you all.

I recall reading about Robert Monroe's experiences with OBE years ago, and how he eventually developed a technology for inducing the experience. He himself used to enjoy leaving his body and traveling about in some other realms, until one day unfriendly beings tormented him and even inflicted pain. He wrote about all this in books on his experiences. One take-away: the "spiritual realm" isn't completely benevolent; don't go messing around there without protection -- like a strong guardian angel, or Jesus. Best yet -- don't go messing around there at all.

More about Monroe:
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Monroe

Phil I never knew about going out of body and traveling to other realms. The out of body that I am familiar with one travels around this physical world. When I explored other realms I just changed my mind's eye focus from this reality to a different reality. I never felt like I was leaving my body. When Lord Jesus took me places sometimes I was just one instant in my meditation chair and the next instant I was there, there was not any feeling of traveling time involved. When I had what I am calling an "out of body experience" I was on the ceiling looking down at my body and I had no idea how to get back into my body. I went to Father God about it, which I always did when I got myself in a pickle, and He put me back into my body.

Anyway, I left my body through the same way that one's spirit leaves when they die. So Smiler I do suppose that one would go to another realm when they die and because of that one could also go to other realms when they are not dead but have just left their body. I guess I just never thought about it because I never travel as "an out of body experience". To me it is too dangerous because if you do not get back to your body, then your body dies. This can't happen the way that I have been taught to do it because your mind leaves your body but not your spirit and your mind can always come back by just waking up. With the "out of body experience" that I am calling an "out of body experience", your spirit and consciousness both leave your body just like they do when you die.

Strong guardian angel. I never had much luck with guardian angels. Back in the days when I use to mind travel a lot I always just hollered for Father God if I get in trouble and He would show up, so to speak, and straighten things out. Those kind of things didn't happen a whole lot because I was usually with Lord Jesus (He was my Master and guide) and those kinds of things didn't happen when He was with me.

love, tucker

Posts: 429 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Tucker. Always interesting! Smiler

Fwiw, I'm not so sure we go OBE when we dream, as was mentioned earlier. The inner psychic realm that becomes more accessible to us during sleep and dreaming is trans-egoic, but that's not the same as OBE. My own thoughts about OBE are very much like your own -- that one actually sees one's body and what's going on "from the outside," with perhaps only a tenuous connection to the body remaining (the so-called silver thread). I've never had such an experience, though I have no problems believing that others have. It seems to be one of the features of Near Death Experiences, which are also commonly reported -- but that's a whole other story, and one we've discussed here several times.

Posts: 3948 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can go OBE when you dream, but that is rare and not normal.

Distance "seeing" without travelling there and without ever leaving your body.

The kundalini that goes up the inside of the spinal column can wake up that ability but not the same leaving your body that you can do with a near death experience. And you have to create the same emotional fear state of being to actually cause the kind of out of body experience where you find yourself outside of your body looking at it. That is how the shamans do it. And they exit through the Pineal Gland and then the top back part of the head. And it is the physical kundalini that you raise not the one that goes up the center of the spinal column. In Raja and Kriya Yoga it is call the male kundalini. Basically you get it raised and then you let go of your ground. Which is what happens when you die. The physical kundalini separates itself from its ground and then leaves taking your conscious mind with it. And basically the reason that we die, in a normal sense, is because we allow the physical kundalini to lose its ground. Which is basically caused by being afraid and under stress or boredom and lack of interest in life, for whatever reason. Now the yogis that know about this stuff just let go of their ground and leave permanently. Like Yogananda did, he was a Kriya yoga master. The yogi traditions of Raja and Kriya yoga call it the final exit.

Which is what makes Lord Jesus interesting because with His final exit He took His body with him Smiler . Some legends say that some yogis have done that also, but they are very few in number and never did it in front of people. They just leave and with their body disappear, so there is really no witnesses like with Lord Jesus. My problem is keeping my physical kundalini grounded. When you know that this physical life is not the only thing and you have spent your life exploring other things physical life starts to get a bit boring and not as much fun. My wife is what is keeping me here. no other reason. So for now I am grounding my physical kundalini Smiler .

Love, tucker

posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Mary Sue:
I am very interested in how you have come to understand how OOB & the chakras above the crown are not the same type of experience.[/QUOTE

Hi again Mary Sue Smiler , confusing I agree with, all of this stuff is confusing. "So how did I come to understand how OOB and chakras above the crown are not the same experience?" Well Mary sue if you find yourself up around the ceiling looking down on your body, then you are having an out of body experience.

+MS + OK, one of the experiences was OOB as you have stated. This was not a fearful experience as you describe in your next post. This was a fun experience for me. I looked down at my body as well as my husbands. I tried to get him to come out and play but he wouldn't come out. I don't remember how i returned to my body but I am not left with a fearful memory of it. For me it was a decision that OOB didn't have a role in my path. I had free will.

+T+ Other wise you are having a "Mind's Eye" experience that may or may not be a chakra above the head experience. Basically the chakras above the head are one's own brain, but just more awake. And the more one's brain is awake the more sensitive they are to things.

+MS + Thank you for that understanding as I did have a strong reaction in my brain.

+T+ There is a Kriya Yoga meditation where you see the top of your head being gone and then you look around two or three blocks away with your "mind's eye". This is not an "out of body experience". Our minds have more or less the ability to look at things and to feel things that are a distance away, it is just that most of us don't know it or just plain don't want to know it Smiler . Which is ok. I keep most of that stuff shut off because to be honest with you it is disturbing.

"

+MS+ As a rule I have not used visualizations in meditation except in one toaist "smiling at the organs". My mind is in a place of surrender.

+T+ And Mary Sue, the chakras or energy centers above "your" head are already very awake, you were born that way. This is why you are more sensitive than most folks and why you are interested in the things that you are interested in. And also why you have the experiences that you have. And why you want to explore the things that you want and like to explore.

+MS+ Do you see this as having an affect on how i experience some things. Such as having free will to decide whether i wish
to develop certain skills - some of these i would call siddha powers, physic powers. Although I didn't feel for a long time
whether I wished to experience others suffering. Now this is where I experienced fear, helpless. It made being out in public very
difficult much like you mentioned in your areas of fear. Finally I said no. Asked Jesus to help

+T+ "And if you do not experience them, then you are not on the correct path." Mary Sue, the correct path to where Smiler ?

love, tucker

Thank you again

posted Hide Post
quote:
Which is basically caused by being afraid and under stress or boredom and lack of interest in life, for whatever reason. Now the yogis that know about this stuff just let go of their ground and leave permanently. Like Yogananda did, he was a Kriya yoga master. The yogi traditions of Raja and Kriya yoga call it the final exit.

Love, tucker

+MS+ I seem to remember that Yogananda asked "THE MOTHER" if he could stay here on earth for a while longer. He was told no that it was his time to transcend.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Sue:
quote:
Which is basically caused by being afraid and under stress or boredom and lack of interest in life, for whatever reason. Now the yogis that know about this stuff just let go of their ground and leave permanently. Like Yogananda did, he was a Kriya yoga master. The yogi traditions of Raja and Kriya yoga call it the final exit.

Love, tucker

+MS+ I seem to remember that Yogananda asked "THE MOTHER" if he could stay here on earth for a while longer. He was told no that it was his time to transcend.

THE MOTHER didn't "make" him exit. It is like Lord Jesus will not "make" you do something. THE MOTHER will not "make" you do anything either. SHE said it was time and he did it because of his love and trust in HER. And he could do it because of his yogi training as a Kriya Yoga master.

love, tucker

posted Hide Post
quote:
Mary Sue:
+T+ And Mary Sue, the chakras or energy centers above "your" head are already very awake, you were born that way. This is why you are more sensitive than most folks and why you are interested in the things that you are interested in. And also why you have the experiences that you have. And why you want to explore the things that you want and like to explore.

+MS+ Do you see this as having an affect on how i experience some things. Such as having free will to decide whether i wish
to develop certain skills - some of these i would call siddha powers, physic powers. Although I didn't feel for a long time
whether I wished to experience others suffering. Now this is where I experienced fear, helpless. It made being out in public very
difficult much like you mentioned in your areas of fear. Finally I said no. Asked Jesus to help.

"Do you see this as ....?" Yes I do Mary Sue. And asking Lord Jesus to help is the only route to go as far as I am concerned Smiler . It has always worked for me. The only times I ever had any problems was when my free will to do something that it was suggested that I not do took over. "Free will" is an interesting reality, "Does the Kundalini take away your free will?" It sure can create some over whelming urges, that is for sure Smiler .

love, tucker

PS: having one's mind in a place of surrender is an awesome place to be!

posted Hide Post
All desires for powers or power are based on fear, whether those fears are valid fears or not. When one goes through over the years the personality purification process as a yogi or as a mystic they lose all desire for power or powers. Fear tells you that you have to be afraid or you will die. I don't know Smiler maybe. But so far things are more interesting without that fear ruling my life.

love, tucker