Find
Notify
Tools

Hilgegard Von Bingen Login/Join 
posted

Posts: 2559 | Registered: 14 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
Oh Hildegard... yes! I have a book about her. She was very much "into" health. :-) I have heard tho, that she isn't an official canonized saint. Will check out the links!
Katy

Posts: 538 | Location: Sarasota, Florida | Registered: 17 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.catholic-forum.com/saints/sainth05.htm

"and it came to pass...when I was 42 years and seven months old, that the heavens were opened and a blinding light of exceptional brilliance flowed throughout my entire brain. And so it kindled my whole heart and breast like a flame. Not burning but warming...and suddenly I understood the explanation of the meaning of the books...

But although I heard and saw these things, because of doubt and of low opinion of myself, and because of the diverse sayings of men, I refused for a long time to call or write, not out of stubbornness but of humility, until weighed down by a scourge of God, I fell into a bed of sickness."

---------------------------------------------------
This is very beautiful, but also a warning to those who would seek such experience. It's a difficult thing to fall into this and many difficult adjustments are necessary.

Her music is quite beautiful, as is she. Smiler

caritas,

mm <*)))))><

Posts: 2559 | Registered: 14 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post