Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

There is not any sex in Heaven Login/Join 
posted
There is not any sex in Heaven.

Guys there is not any sex in Heaven, but there is in Paradise. If Purgatory and Paradise are the same thing, then why would one want to be prayed out of Purgatory?

And the problem with this world is sex. If everybody in "this" world became celibate, then "this" world would not have any problems. And Satan would be the king of nothing.

open for discussion...

love,

tuck

Posts: 429 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
quote:
If everybody in "this" world became celibate, then "this" world would not have any problems.

Nor would we have a next generation. Razzer

Posts: 3958 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3958 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil:
On sex in heaven. Very good.

- http://www.peterkreeft.com/topics/sex-in-heaven.htm

Phil that "was" very good! So what about this, "Until one is as a child they shall not see the Kingdom of Heaven."? I think that He was referring to young people that were prepubescent. Maybe no sex in heaven?

love,

tuck

Posts: 429 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Glad you liked it, Tuck. I've enjoyed reading Kreeft, and his remarks at the end of the article on sex in heaven are a real turn-on! Big Grin

I've understood "becoming as a little child" to refer to how unassuming children are, and how open to the moment in wonder. They're also quick to forgive and open to love and loving. So we're called to be child-like in this sense, but not child-ish.

In Jung's psychology, the child is a symbol of the deep inner self, so it could be that Jesus is also referring to this aspect as well.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil:
Glad you liked it, Tuck. I've enjoyed reading Kreeft, and his remarks at the end of the article on sex in heaven are a real turn-on! Big Grin

I've understood "becoming as a little child" to refer to how unassuming children are, and how open to the moment in wonder. They're also quick to forgive and open to love and loving. So we're called to be child-like in this sense, but not child-ish.

In Jung's psychology, the child is a symbol of the deep inner self, so it could be that Jesus is also referring to this aspect as well.

The deep inner self can be all messed up by what one experiences in childhood. But I do not disagree with what you are saying. In a normal reality childhood is considered a happy time in one's life experience. And children can be fun if they ever make it through the terrible twos which some adults still haven't done yet Smiler .

One thing that I found interesting is that Kreeft made Heaven sound a lot like Tantric Yoga. And there is a reality where the male and female are in a "perfect love embrace" and are at one; and achieving this reality is considered by some to be necessary for achieving spiritual advancement (at least achieving this within one's own brain Smiler ). But I am not sure that that would be considered sex.

?

love,

tuck