Ad
ShalomPlace.com    Shalom Place Community    Shalom Place Discussion Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Christian Spirituality Issues    Remarkable NDE about divine and human love

Moderators: Phil
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remarkable NDE about divine and human love Login/Join 
posted
I found this site of an NDE that made a person chance his life completely by learning to live a live of unconditional love :

http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE...ences/teri_r_nde.htm

Posts: 130 | Registered: 08 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Bliss. I was pointed to that site before by someone who was very interested in NDEs. And yes, I also find them inspiring.

Posts: 1024 | Location: Canada | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
I love reading NDEs and often feel so hopeful about the afterlife after doing so.

Posts: 3958 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What makes especially THIS nde so remarkable is, that although not being very religious, neither Christian, he finally ended at some conclusions similar to christian ideals of loving the neighbor UNCONDITIONALLY, trying to get there by doing a 30 year psychological training about this. And his motivation to do this is most remarkable and interesting too: He noticed while looking at his life review together with God Father (God here took the form of an old man with a long beard, radiating an infinite amount of Light and Love) that each time he was looking ad some of his bad deeds, bad thoughts, bad emotions etc, he felt that exactly at these moments his ABILITY of absorbing Gods Love diminished . His receptivity for Gods Love got lower then. His conclusion then was: I have to learn to stay in Gods Love "frequency" by adjusting his own "frequency" to unconditional love to others.

This is exactly the life that Jesus lived 2000 years ago, and this is exactly the same that Paul was teaching in his letters: make constant progress in loving others. When Apostle John was asked in his old ages in Ephesus what is his new weekly advise to his fellows, it is said he always simply answered : "love each other" .

All this finally leads to the highest "rule" that Jesus stated: "Love God with all your being , all your heart, and all your soul, and a second one is EQUIVALENT : Love your neighbor like you love yourself, i.e. unconditionally!"

Posts: 130 | Registered: 08 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, his conclusion is indeed reminiscent of the first letter of John. "I knew that somehow, I had to raise my vibration and become more loving in order to experience this indescribably love on a permanent basis" reminds me of "if we love one another, God abides in us, and his love is perfected in us" (1 John 4:12). And the "Being of White Light" who "appeared to me as an older man" reminds me of the "Ancient of Days" figure from Daniel's vision (7:9).

Posts: 1024 | Location: Canada | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post