Moderators: Phil
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The five promises Login/Join 
posted
These are elaborated on by Fr. Richard Rohr in his books and in his workshops on male initiation. One of my spiritual directees has attended one of these and the promises have been helpful to him. Here they are:

1. Life is hard
2. You are not that important
3. Your life is not about you
4. You are not in control
5. You are going to die.

If those don't cheer you up, I don't know what will. Wink But they're so true, aren't they? And what a blow to the false self!

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gratitude and thank you to Fr. Rohr for these truths that we all must face sooner or later. I realize same with each passing day, and how quickly lately these days come to an end.

Our lives really are not our own for we are made for God's joy and His pleasure.

Thank you Phil.

Posts: 571 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 20 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These truths have been brought more clearly to my understanding during these past two weeks with the emergency situation with my son's kidney failure. Thank you, Phil, for putting these promises in print for my eyes to fall upon this morning.

Blessings to All,
Tate

Posts: 77 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post