Ad
ShalomPlace.com    Shalom Place Community    Shalom Place Discussion Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Christian Spirituality Issues    Phil's thoughts on what's "natural" and what's non-Christian in other spiritualities

Moderators: Phil
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Phil's thoughts on what's "natural" and what's non-Christian in other spiritualities Login/Join 
posted
Hi Phil, since you're a person who believes that Kundalini is something natural to all man and not demonic (I hope I'm interpreting your views correctly), I'm wondering about your thoughts on what's natural (thus part of "common grace" and not demonic) and what are things we need to be careful about (as Christian) when it comes to other ancient traditions (Vedantic, Buddhism, etc.) - and even the "New Age".

I believe as a Catholic / Christian you would see Jesus as the only way to the Father. That's what makes a Christian a Christian - the uniqueness of Christ, etc. So anything that goes against that would be wrong.

However, just like Kundalini, there's a lot of other teachings/practices (that Christians have been generally wary of and consider demonic even) that do not go against the above and thus isn't explicitly anti Christian.

I know this is a big topic, but what would be your overall views on what we need to be careful about as Christians.

And also what would be the areas (besides Kundalini) that traditionally Christians would be wary of (or think as demonic) - but in which you think we could learn a lot from other ancient traditions.

Thanks.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 28 April 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Right, Jonathan, this is a big topic, and regarding Kundalini issues, in particular, I've got a whole book on it.
See https://shalomplace.com/view/k-process.html

The risen Christ is present to all people and at work in thier lives even if they are not Christian. We evaluate this by noting the fruits of the Spirit as described by St. Paul in Galatians 5.

Another biblical passage of relevance here is Philippians 4:8, where Paul writes:
quote:
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable — if anything is excellent or praiseworthy — think about such things.

If you have a question about some specific practice, belief or activity, that might help to clarify your concern.

Posts: 3958 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post