Ad
ShalomPlace.com    Shalom Place Community    Shalom Place Discussion Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Christian Spirituality Issues    Great thoughts on Christian consciousness

Moderators: Phil
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great thoughts on Christian consciousness Login/Join 
posted
I have found this online.

http://christianchakra.wordpre...ving-is-even-better/

would be interested to hear what you think?

It explains basically the whole Christian experience in a few sentences...

Posts: 19 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 01 July 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From that website:

But service, in which we lay down our striving for self-fulfillment and offer our whole being to glorify God, is even better.

Reminds me of one of my favorite scriptures is Romans 12:1, about being a living sacrifice:

12 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is —his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Posts: 1091 | Registered: 05 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
By the way, the links on that website to Shalom Place discussions are not working.

Maybe you or Phil know who the author is and can alert them to this problem.

Posts: 1091 | Registered: 05 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure who that is. Lots of links to the Shalom Place resources and this board, so I'm sure we've heard from him or her in the past.

Posts: 3948 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey guys. I moved to Oregon yesterday, so I was off. Yeah, I can try to contact the author.

The Romans 12:1 scripture fits well, Shasha.

Posts: 19 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 01 July 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post