Ad
ShalomPlace.com    Shalom Place Community    Shalom Place Discussion Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Christian Spirituality Issues    "O Death, where is your sting? (1 Corinthians 15:55)

Moderators: Phil
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"O Death, where is your sting? (1 Corinthians 15:55) Login/Join 
posted
What happens at death is a question we all ask ourselves at one time or another. Whatever religion and/or spiritual group we belong to influences us as to what may come as we walk through death's door. Do any of us know for certain as to what lies ahead?, or does it all depend upon our faith and what we believe death will be like.

Within the last couple of years I have lost the physical bodies of loved ones to death, and within my heart and mind I know that they live on. Instead of myself grieving greatly for the loss of these loved ones, I find joy to see them released from their sufferings witnessed, may it have been physical, mental, emotional or just a lack of joy that some have been unable to find with us here on earth. This accepting mind and heart was not always so at peace in my younger days when I had to say goodbye to the ones I loved.

I found an article to start of a discussion on what others perceive happens to us at death. Hope that you will share your views on this topic.

http://www.miraclestudies.net/Question22.html

Posts: 571 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 20 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good topic, Freebird. We've had a few discussions earlier, which can be found here and here, so you and others might check those out to see what's already been shared.

As I note on one of those threads, I don't think we know much about what happens at death, as those who report NDE and other similar experiences didn't really die! Christ, otoh, did return from the dead, and so what he reveals trumps all else, imo, and is, for me, the basis for my hope that life goes on somehow.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The following book http://www.cygnus-books.co.uk/...ht_helen_greaves.htm by Helen Greaves can be interesting to discuss on. This book is not about NDE. It is a telepathy communication between Helen Greaves and her deceased friend Frances Banks. The book was first published in the 1960s and last year reprinted. I didn't read the book but it looks like good.

Posts: 340 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 14 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Grace for the gifting of this site. How beautiful it is to awaken in Spirit's Light, Love and Beauty being remade. We are children of God's Living Light.

Posts: 571 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 20 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Christ revealed there were no people in Heaven (Jn 3:13), so Enoch and Elijah must not be there.

Elijah, like Philip (Acts 8:39-40) never left the Earth's atmosphere.

The sons of the prophets who knew that their master was to be removed (2 Kings 2:3,5) also knew Elijah was not to die then or leave the Earth. That is why they were fearful that the Spirit of the LORD might have allowed him to drop "upon some mountain, or into some valley" (2Kg. 2:16).

The Earth's atmosphere is also called heaven: "....and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven - Gen 1:20.

Acts
8:39
Now when they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught Philip away, so that the eunuch saw him no more; and he went on his way rejoicing.

8:40
But Philip was found at Azotus. And passing through, he preached in all the cities till he came to Caesarea.

Both Elijah and Philip went up into heaven --- not to the heaven of God's throne, but into this earth's atmosphere, the first heaven (Gen. 1:20).

-
http://www.carm.org/questions/threeheavens.htm

Posts: 218 | Registered: 03 November 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post