Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Desire Login/Join 
posted
Thesis on Desire

This, it seems to me, is blessed desire: arousal without covetousness. This is death to the world of the desires of the flesh when such death is blessed: Oh death, where is they sting. This is "power made perfect in weakness", the "thorn in the flesh" (aka, sensual arousal) has become suffused with the grace of God sufficient for me.

Antithesis? Sigh.

Posts: 455 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Welcome back, Ryan.

So you are speaking of the transformation/purification of desire, here?

Posts: 3948 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Phil,

Thank you for your comment. Your words echo in my soul as glory. I'm in an enthusiastic phase.

My claim is that "desire" (Gk epithumia, Latin, concupiscence) is integral to such transformation. It is a redirection of desire from earthly attachments to heavenly devotion. This redirection in turn reshapes our earthly lives and relationships in the direction of more love, joy, peace... patience, and self control.

Blessings!

Posts: 455 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post