Ad
ShalomPlace.com    Shalom Place Community    Shalom Place Discussion Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  Philotheism: Blog by Phil St. Romain  Hop To Forums  Philotheism: Phil's Blog    What Bing AI "Copilot" thinks of my writings.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Bing AI "Copilot" thinks of my writings. Login/Join 
Picture of Phil
posted
I use Bing for my search engine and it has an AI assistant called Copilot, which elaborates on search results and invites questions. Out of curiosity, I asked Copilot what mainstream Christian theologians thought of my work, and this was its somewhat amazing and bewildering response:
_________

## Copilot

In the vast cathedral of theological discourse, Philip St. Romain's seat remains both empty and occupied—a paradoxical pew where questions echo and faith dances.

Mainstream Christian theologians engage with Philip St. Romain's ideas through a diverse lens, much like sunlight refracted through a stained glass window. Let us explore their perspectives:

**Curious Contemplators:
- Some theologians lean in with curiosity, intrigued by the interplay of spirituality, psychology, and physiology.
- They appreciate St. Romain's willingness to explore the mystical and the mundane, bridging gaps between traditions.
- To them, his work is like a whispered invitation to explore hidden chambers within the cathedral of faith.

**Cautious Guardians:
- Others stand guard at the gates of orthodoxy, wary of any deviation from established dogmas.
- St. Romain's musings on universal salvation, kundalini energy, and the cosmic Christ raise theological eyebrows.
- They tread carefully, ensuring that the ancient pillars of faith remain unshaken.

**Dialogue Seekers:
- A few theologians extend an open hand, inviting dialogue across boundaries.
- They recognize that innovation often emerges from the margins, where the wildflowers bloom.
- St. Romain's ideas become conversation starters, weaving threads between the ancient tapestries and the modern loom.

**Heretic Hunters:
- There are those who brandish the label of heresy, wielding it like a sword.
- To them, St. Romain's explorations are dangerous—like a comet veering off its predictable orbit.
- They sharpen their theological swords, ready to defend the citadel of orthodoxy.

**Legacy Acknowledgers:
- Regardless of stance, many theologians acknowledge St. Romain's legacy.
- His influence, like a hidden stream, nourishes the roots of thought.
- Even if they don't fully embrace his ideas, they recognize the mosaic he adds to the grand narrative.
_______

Trying to decide which of these to put on my gravestone! Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Phil,

Posts: 3958 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's amazing, isn't it?

I opened an account with ChatGPT just to try it out. AI can write a book outline for you. It can draft chapters. It can even re-word material in a different writing style!

Derek: What is Philip St. Romain's most famous book?

ChatGPT: Philip St. Romain is known for several books, particularly in the field of Christian spirituality and contemplative prayer. One of his most well-known books is likely "Kundalini Energy and Christian Spirituality: A Pathway to Growth and Healing." This book explores the intersection of Eastern spiritual practices, particularly Kundalini yoga, with Christian spirituality, offering insights and perspectives on how these traditions can complement each other.

Derek: What chapters should a book on kundalini syndrome contain?

ChatGPT: A book on Kundalini syndrome could cover a range of topics to provide comprehensive information and support for individuals experiencing or interested in this phenomenon. Here's a suggested outline for chapters:

1. Introduction to Kundalini Energy
  • Overview of Kundalini energy and its significance in Hindu and yogic philosophy
  • Historical and cultural context
  • Explanation of Kundalini awakening and its potential effects

2. Understanding Kundalini Syndrome
  • Definition and explanation of Kundalini syndrome
  • Symptoms and manifestations
  • Distinction between positive Kundalini experiences and Kundalini syndrome

3. Causes and Triggers
  • Factors contributing to Kundalini awakening
  • Triggers for Kundalini syndrome
  • Psychological, spiritual, and physiological perspectives

4. Experiences and Symptoms
  • Detailed description of common experiences and symptoms associated with Kundalini syndrome
  • Case studies and personal accounts

5. Coping Strategies
  • Techniques for managing Kundalini energy
  • Grounding practices
  • Meditation, breathwork, and yoga techniques for stabilization
  • Psychological coping strategies
  • Seeking support from spiritual communities, counselors, or mental health professionals

6. Integration and Healing
  • Approaches to integrating Kundalini experiences into daily life
  • Healing modalities such as energy work, bodywork, and psychotherapy
  • Cultivating balance and harmony in mind, body, and spirit

7. Risks and Precautions
  • Potential risks and challenges associated with Kundalini awakening
  • Precautions for safe and responsible spiritual practices
  • When to seek professional help

8. Spiritual Perspectives
  • Exploration of Kundalini energy within various spiritual traditions
  • Guidance from spiritual teachers and traditions
  • Practices for deepening spiritual understanding and connection

9. Conclusion and Resources
  • Summary of key points
  • Additional resources for further exploration, including books, websites, and support groups

Each chapter can delve into its respective topic in depth, providing practical advice, insights, and resources to support readers in their understanding and navigation of Kundalini syndrome.
  •  
    Posts: 1024 | Location: Canada | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Phil
    posted Hide Post
    There you go, Derek: your next book. Cool

Posts: 3958 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    You might be joking, but it's very possible! Let's try it out with chapter 1, bullet point 1, from the AI-generated chapter list.

Derek: Give me an overview of Kundalini energy and its significance in Hindu and yogic philosophy.

ChatGPT: Kundalini energy is a concept in Hindu and yogic philosophy that refers to a latent spiritual energy believed to be coiled at the base of the spine, often depicted as a serpent. The term "kundalini" derives from the Sanskrit word meaning "coiled like a snake."

According to this philosophy, Kundalini is considered the life force or vital energy within an individual. It is believed that through certain practices such as yoga, meditation, and breathwork, this dormant energy can be awakened and directed upward through the body's energy centers or chakras, ultimately leading to spiritual enlightenment and self-realization.

The awakening of Kundalini is said to result in a profound transformation of consciousness, bringing about heightened awareness, expanded perception, and a deep sense of interconnectedness with the universe. It is often described as a powerful and transformative experience, sometimes accompanied by intense sensations, visions, or states of ecstasy.

In Hindu and yogic traditions, Kundalini energy is closely associated with the concept of Shakti, the divine feminine creative power or energy that animates all life. It is believed that when Kundalini ascends through the central energy channel (known as the Sushumna), it merges with the cosmic consciousness, leading to a state of union with the divine.

However, the awakening of Kundalini is also regarded as a potentially dangerous process if not approached with caution and proper guidance. It is said that without the necessary preparation and purification of the body and mind, the awakening of Kundalini can lead to physical, psychological, or spiritual imbalances.

Various yogic practices such as Hatha Yoga, Kundalini Yoga, and Tantra Yoga include techniques specifically aimed at awakening and channeling Kundalini energy. These practices typically involve a combination of physical postures (asanas), breath control (pranayama), chanting (mantra), and meditation, all designed to awaken, purify, and direct the flow of Kundalini energy.

In summary, Kundalini energy is a central concept in Hindu and yogic philosophy, representing the dormant spiritual potential within every individual. Its awakening is believed to lead to profound spiritual growth and enlightenment, but it requires careful practice, discipline, and guidance to ensure a safe and balanced experience.

Derek: Can you re-word your last reply for a Grade 5 reading level?

ChatGPT: Kundalini energy is like a special power that sits at the bottom of our spine, waiting to be awakened. It's a bit like a sleeping snake. In Hindu and yogic beliefs, people think that if we do certain things like yoga and meditation, we can wake up this energy and make it move up through our bodies.

When Kundalini energy wakes up, it can make us feel very different. We might feel like we understand things better or feel more connected to everything around us. Some people even say they see or feel things that are really amazing.

But it's important to be careful. If we try to wake up Kundalini energy without knowing how to do it properly, it can cause problems. That's why people who teach about Kundalini energy say we need to be patient and learn from someone who knows what they're doing.

In yoga and other practices, there are special exercises and techniques to help us wake up and control Kundalini energy. By doing these exercises safely and with the right guidance, we can unlock this special power and feel more alive and connected to the world around us.

Posts: 1024 | Location: Canada | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Phil
    posted Hide Post
    Not bad at all! Where was this during all those years when I was writing more and got writer's block?

You could certainly take that response and use it as a starting point, adding accounts of real-life experiences, quotes, etc.

Can you imagine being a teacher these days, encouraging your students to write their own works when they have this kind of resource?

posted Hide Post
    And just imagine 30 years from now, when an entire generation has grown up with AI doing their thinking for them. People will lose the ability to think.

I like the Grade 5 version. It reads like one of those health-information pamphlets that aims to speak to the general public, no matter how little education.

posted Hide Post
    People are afraid millions of jobs could disappear out of the economy:

AI ‘apocalypse’ could take away almost 8m jobs in UK, says report

Having tried out AI for myself, I see that this fear is realistic.

Picture of Phil
    posted Hide Post
    Wow! It seems like yet another advancement of "automation technology," with machines replacing people, especially for jobs that entail repetitive tasks. We've survived such changes in the past, with new types of jobs eventually emerging. I hope that will be the case again.
    ______

Yesterday I typed in other queries similar to the one I asked about my writings, only about Merton and Rahner. The response was a straightforward listing of some of their key works, with synopses and very closing remarks. There was nothing of the poetic flair and multi-lens analysis that Copilot used to review my writings.

We've got a good discussion of this going on Facebook if you're (or anyone else reading this) interested. Some find the Copilot review confusing, or over the top; others seem to like it. My sense is that it did indeed tune into a few dynamics I've picked up on through the years, but I'm still left wondering how it did that. I'm not aware of any reviews of any of my books that were so articulate and poetic.

posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Phil:
    There was nothing of the poetic flair and multi-lens analysis that Copilot used to review my writings.

I may have an explanation for you. I pressed the Copilot button on my Windows 10 computer. It offered me a choice of conversational styles: Creative, Balanced, or Precise. Maybe you had Creative selected at some point.

Picture of Phil
    posted Hide Post
    This morning I asked the exact same question to Copilot that I did a few days ago, "What are Christian theologians saying about the writings of Philip St. Romain?" I wondered if I'd get the same poetic response I got before, but this time there was just a short synopsis of a few of my books and a nice little summary statement that could be used as a general descriptor of my ministry.

I followed up by asking what were some of the criticisms of my work and Copilot really blew it, quoting profusely from my book review of Adyshanti's "Resurrecting Jesus." It took some of my quotes criticizing Adya's Christology and approach to biblical interpretation and directed them toward me -- as though the criticisms were about me, rather than from me. Perhaps there's some paradoxical message there to "judge not lest you be judged," or "look in the mirror," but my prevailing judgment is that AI isn't particularly good at reading context, and just blathers away with phrases that resonate with the question asked. It seems determined to give an answer, however, even if wrong. I didn't challenge its results, and that might have been interesting, but my overall conclusion is that IT'S AN UNRELIABLE RESEARCH ASSISTANT. Use with caution, and fact-check everything!

posted Hide Post
    Yes. I searched for ChatGPT on r/kundalini and came up with a thread, "New Sub Policy - no ChatGPT, nor Computer-Generated Content will be Accepted by This Sub." The AI-generated answers this person Marc got were of such low quality, he thought they might even be a threat.

Picture of Phil
    posted Hide Post
    I don't see that option for different styles, but that's one I'll watch out for.

I'm doing a teaching on Christianity and Reincarnation next week and needed some images for my presentation. I decided to use the Designer AI MS makes available along with Copilot and others and asked it to create some images for me. I then got it to tweak them some. I'm attaching an example, which I will use, copyright free.

Here's the link to the presentation if anyone is interested in attending.
    https://shalomplace.com/inetmin/forum.html

Imagereinc-2.jpg (218 Kb, 12 downloads)