Ad
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

D. The first humans Login/Join

posted

A. General reflections. 5 min., 40 sec. Real Audio.

B. Deeper reflections. 9 min., 18 sec. Real audio.

See also the work on human origins, by Jim Arraj.

- - - - -

General discussion: What are your questions, comments, reflections? What resources do you recommend?

[b]Personal reflection:[b]
- What does it mean to you to be created in God's image and likeness?
- How do you experience your spiritual nature?
- What helps you to grow and develop your spiritual nature?

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went out to the website Araj's book is posted and found some interesting material. I was curious if you would recommend any of the other books I was interested in the east and west Dialogue I probably screwed up the title. I am turning two of them into ebooks using a combination Wintracker and mobipocket.

Posts: 205 | Location: McHenry Illinois | Registered: 01 July 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I drifted toward a thiestic view of evolution as a liberal evangelical. It is not big but there were some prominent evangelical and conservative protestant theologians who also had similar views but coached in evangelical language. Bernard Ramm probably was the infleuntial and Carl F Henry. They had no difficulty combining evolution with creation if what we were talking about was the processes of how creation was made. They also talked about how the scriptures do not talk about how the earth was made but that Genesis account is really a story of why and about the sin of the first parents. I also think it is possible to talk about Adam and Eve in terms of a clan or first family group that could have sinned against God. This is my own speculation.

Posts: 205 | Location: McHenry Illinois | Registered: 01 July 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The reading was interesting especially the section on original sin. I have read some national geographic articles that lean toward a mogenic view or ancestry coming out of Africa. I also agree somewhat about the speculation of pre human ancestors giving rise to modern man. God shaping us and forming the shell preparing here it for the soul.

posted Hide Post
Br. Jaan, I have some references to Jim Arraj's work on Original Sin in threads E, F and G.

As for the first humans, I agree that it might be a clan, but that one or two individuals could have had the spiritual soul infused.

Arraj notes the following in conclusion, "There is nothing in the actual findings of the sciences about evolution and human origins that is irreconcilable with the essentials of Christian belief but rather, science again seems to converge with faith."

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I made Arraj's book into an ebook using mobipocket software. I am going to be reading it. There were some other titles I was interested that I will be turning into an ebook shortly.

posted Hide Post
Nice! Smiler I've also converted his manuscripts into ebooks and enjoy going through them on my Palm. For those who have a PDA, I recommend this, as you can do a little reading here and there, bookmark the pages, take notes--all without having to be online.