Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HEALING RETREATS Login/Join

posted
Dear ones,

I don't know whether this topic has been treated on another thread. I think it has, but where? With this change to Groupee...
So, next week, I am going to this healing
retreat:
http://www.frbill.net/43.html
http://mctstudents.be/quinten/frbill/frbill.html
I hear very good things about the work of the Indian father Bill (died last year) and his successor father Anthony.
I have been writing a great deal on this forum before and some people urged me to seek a good therapy. But Belgium is very conservative and of course doesn't have the opportunities of f.e. USA
It is a long story, but I wish you to pray for me during this retreat. I have had my share of tribulations and suffering and I am like the Psalmist urgently seeking for healing by Christ! My new medication (neuroleptics) creates strange symptoms and doesn't help lessing the pain in my chest and the breathing problems I have. Derek on the thread 'Yoga' was very sceptical about the efficiency of yoga and this brought me another disillusionment.
Please pray for me you all...

Freddy

Posts: 175 | Registered: 09 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Derek on the thread 'Yoga' was very sceptical about the efficiency of yoga

I wouldn't say I was skeptical. I just said yoga had no effects on me other than increasing physical flexibility. That was my experience; other people's experience may differ.

Posts: 1013 | Location: Canada | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Freddy,

I think yoga is one of the most wonderful "tools" for healing, mentally and physically.

As for the pain in your chest and breathing difficulties, I am wondering if you have had an echocardiogram or anything to determine whether you might have mitral valve prolapse (or any other heart condition, for that matter), which is also connected to sensitivity of the nervous system. I have had those symptoms like yours for many years, and was only recently diagnosed with MVP.

I hope you have a good retreat.

Katy

Posts: 14 | Registered: 01 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Freddy,

I do hope and pray for you that you receive the healing you're crying out for.

Christ's peace be with you,

Shasha

Posts: 1091 | Registered: 05 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Likewise, Freddy. May you find Christ near and dear to you as He already is.

And I would second Katy's advice re: a medical exam at some point.

Posts: 235 | Registered: 02 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I lit a candle for you during the Vigil this morning.All the very best to you.

Posts: 29 | Registered: 01 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear friends,

The retreat was very good. This Vincentian priest of 31 years old has already done things in his life that most of us don't do during their whole life. Every week, he gives healing retreats in another country. In Africa, up to 100.000 people attend his H. Mass. It is almost supernatural what he succeeds to do. He is Indian but his background, his basis is Namibia, Kenia, Uganda.
He has the gift (as many non-Western people)to explain difficult matters in a simple way by using images, stories, metaphors as Jesus did. Normally, I don't use the word 'holy'too often, but this is a holy man.
In the beginning, there was lot of pain, bad dreams... but I also felt relaxed now and then, especially in adoration.
Afterwards, as always after a retreat, I had the bad feeling of falling alone again and into this secular world...I am sure I got attacked by the adversary!
Please continue praying for me...
Fred

PS This retreat is of course rather devotional and I missed the more contemplative, monastic dimension (also it was not silent enough). I had ordered the book by father Déchanet:http://lightonchristianyoga.blogspot.com/2008_06_01_archive.html http://openlibrary.org/b/OL16498591M/voie-du-silence and it convinces me I have to go on with my yoga...

Posts: 175 | Registered: 09 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post