Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Medicinal Value of Whole Foods Login/Join

posted
- see http://www.naturalways.com/medValFd.htm

I've been going the whole food route for some time by basically avoiding processed, junk stuff. The good folks at http://www.brightspot.org/ sold me on this approach years ago. During the past few years, we've come to see that there are many health benefits besides nutrition, including some powerful disease-prevention, immune-strengthening aspects.

So eat your broccoli, children . . . Wink

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been going the whole food route for some time by basically avoiding processed, junk stuff.

I think that�s an excellent idea. I�ve been doing the same here for some time although I hope skim milk is okay. Quite a few of those things on the list I�m eating now, but I see a few that would be easy enough to add. So just for my own FYI I�ll write this out:

Eggplant
Fish and Fish Oil
Grapes
Melon
Nuts (I prefer almonds)
Olive oil (I use safflower oil, I think)
Parsley
Tumeric

A few things on that list, such as wheat and corn, I would recommend that people actually back off of a bit. We can develop food allergies to things we eat an abundance of. It might be a good time to substitute oats or barley.

Posts: 5413 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 21 September 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<w.c.>
posted
Interesting timing for this thread. I've started juicing every morning, and bought a book on the subject so I know what benefits there are to different combinations. But for now I'm basically throwing in portions of the whole garden. I figure this is the only way I'd ever come close to the Surgeon General's advice to consume 5-6 helpings of veges a day.

The vege/fruit ingredients are:

beets and beet greens, celery, spinach, cucumber, romaine lettuce, carrot, a bit of onion, some garlic, ginger, cilantro and parsely, apple and strawberries (Broccoli gives me gas, so I'll "pass" on your advice, Phil).

BTW, I bought one of those Jack LeLaine juicers seen in a T.V adertisement. It seems to have a powerful motor, and the pulp is almost dry, which is supposed to be a good sign. The only draw-back is that the skins of veges and fruits are also rich in food value. So I count some of the pulp as part of my breakfast, which isn't quite as dreadful as its sounds.

For about 2-3 hours after drinking this concoction, I feel about 50% more oxygenated.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post