Find
Notify
Tools

Exercise and depression Login/Join

<w.c.>
posted

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, fwiw, I know I feel much better when I exercise regularly.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
I have been hearing that for many years; however it isn't necessarily so. It depends on the person. For people with adrenaline fatigue, for example, exercise can do much more harm than good. Like many other things, it all depends.

Katy

Posts: 538 | Location: Sarasota, Florida | Registered: 17 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<w.c.>
posted
Light exercise is still recommended for those with adrenalin fatigue, at least according to the naturopaths I've spoken with. A good piece of advice for such a condition, as it was given to me back when I probably had CFS, is never to exercise beyond the point of being able to breath through your nose. Light jogging on a trampoline was very relaxing and didn't tax me. And so it would seem some relaxing activity that moves the qi, such as Tai Chi or Yoga or walking, could be done, depending upon the comfort and intuition of the person and a physician's evaluation.

Along with light exercise, physicians tend to address nutrient deficiencies.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
True, yes, agree. ;-)

Katy

Posts: 538 | Location: Sarasota, Florida | Registered: 17 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post