Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kundalini, Reiki and other things... Login/Join

Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
I've read a couple of biographies of Ramakrishna where his relationship with Jesus was recounted, and I thought it a typical Hindu kind of thing, where Jesus came to be viewed as one among many avatars to be worshiped and considered on the journey. I surely wouldn't take this or NDEs of Jesus telling folk to try other religions as anything approaching the status of the Documents of Vatican II and the teaching on Christianity and World Religions, for example. Eventually, one has to decide if the Holy Spirit spoke truth to the Council about the primacy of Christ or if these anecdotes and private revelations are some kinds of correctives to Christian teaching.

- - -

What are you up to in the Phillipines, Bliss? Is that where you live?

Posts: 3948 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hi. i`m new on this forum but i have been living with k since autumn 2000. i have one question i hope someone can help me with.
.-are there any health remedies that can make the energy or the sensation of the energy any lighter.
-i have come tio believe that there may be some kind of te or vegetables that can help. - thats because i have som experience with KERATIN myselfm which i use in periodes of heavy physical exersice, . -it alters how i experience the energy flow - it becomes more dynamic and i become more stable. but i dont get any lighter.
-i`m all exausted by having to use my will/thought to loosen stuck energy all the time. _excuse my bad english_ if it is_ i wouldn`t know...

Posts: 2 | Registered: 04 October 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Snowflake, you might check out http://biologyofkundalini.com as you will find lots of discussion about foods and supplements in relation to kundalini there.

Posts: 3948 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

thanks phil - i will do that

Posts: 2 | Registered: 04 October 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Snowflake
the traditional advice to make the kundalini slow down is - wait for it: junk food, meat and alcohol - everything that is actually bad for you.

If you think of kundalini as 'higher vibration' you can see why eating stuff with 'lower vibration' is actually bringing it down.

In my own experience, diet as a minute influence on the kundalini. It really does not make much difference, so you do not need to risk your health by eating junkfood and drinking too much alcohol.

I also do not believe in the approach described in the 'biology of kundalini'. I think the whole approach of this lady is misleading because she tries to make something material that is not material to start with.

What I do with my clients and it works throughout is to look at the psychological and relationship related issues, work them through and bingo! the kundalini 'slows down'.

Having said that, the kundalini does not slow down. What happens is that your untie the energy knots in your system that were created through the unresolved issues. Once these 'knots' are untied or resolved,you simply feel better.

In other words, the kundalini is not the problem - it just highlights the issues that were there before. Once the issues are resolved the kundalini 'appears' to slow down but really we just sorted ourselves out.

Tara - find more help for kundalini problems on my website taraspringett.com/kundalini/kundalini-syndrome

Posts: 262 | Location: UK | Registered: 03 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
quote:
I also do not believe in the approach described in the 'biology of kundalini'. I think the whole approach of this lady is misleading because she tries to make something material that is not material to start with.

Tara, I don't think Jana Dixon is a kundalini materialist. See http://biologyofkundalini.com/...ConsciousIncarnation for example. I suspect you'd go along with a great deal of what she writes, here.

What she does provide is a great deal of information (some anecdotal, other theoretical) concerning how to help the body acclimate to the process. Attitude and spiritual surrender plays a significant role, here, as you emphasize, but factors like diet and exercise can also have a significant influence on the process.

Her page on "how to turn it off" has some helpful suggestions for people who feel "maladapted" to the process. If nothing else, turning the thermostat down, at times, can be a relief.
- see http://biologyofkundalini.com/...p?story=TurningItOff

posted Hide Post
Hi Phil

just went on Jana's website again and it's sentences like these (and their implications) that I thoroughly disagree with:

quote: It wasn’t until 3 years after my 2000 awakening, having attempted to progressively rationalize the “how” and the “why” of the alchemy, that I finally grokked the role that free radicals play in kundalini. After this pivotal eureka it was just a matter of time till I figured out the rest of the chemistry and many tools for dealing with the alchemical process of awakening.

My own approach centres around getting love into the areas of your life, where love is missing, putting up (psychological) boundaries, where boundaries are missing, bringing in more honesty where truth is missing and all of that brings resounding results for all the physical symptoms in the kundalini process with client after client after client.

It is exactly this going away from the physical symptoms and NOT seeing anything material in them that gets me these results.

I also read Jana's story and I do not think it would be fair to psychoanalyse her here too much. But let's just say that I do see numerous psychological factors in her that surely aggravated her own awakening massively.

Tara - find more help for kundalini problems on my website taraspringett.com/kundalini/kundalini-syndrome

Posts: 262 | Location: UK | Registered: 03 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Tara, the quote you share pertains to what she calls the "achemical process of awakening," which includes the body. But here is another one, which I suspect you'd agree with.
quote:
All we really want and need is our Self; that is what we are longing for. TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY for ones condition needs to really be grokked in order to move into the kind of sovereignty where self-Self development is even possible. Otherwise everything else in the world (according to our triggers) determines who we are. Love of course is the opposite of abandonment. Self-responsibility, that is becoming responsive to Self is none other than freedom, enlightenment sovereignty and Individuation.

Of course, Self means God in this case, as can be discerned from other passages as well.

However, she is acutely sensitive to the needs of the body through this process, and rightly so, I believe.
quote:
Spiritual realization has a concurrent physical component...this must be fully understood and “allowed” in order for spiritual substantiation. That is the body must be allowed to transmute for incarnation to become Real. Our culture tends to prevent physical spiritualization of the body and thus neither emotion, mind nor spirit tends to grow. By understanding the changes to the nervous system, metabolism, hormones and all facets of the bio-physics and chemistry of kundalini we can work-with the changes to increase our adaptive and homeostatic abilities. In this way as our life-force and incarnation rises we can prepare to meet it, thus sustain the evolutionary wave.
- from http://biologyofkundalini.com/...ConsciousIncarnation

That part is Jana's main contribution to the literature on kundalini.

posted Hide Post
Hi Phil
yes, these are nice quotes that I can agree with.

But at another place of her website Dixon writes that after years of bliss the kundalini had depleted her of endorphins, which caused her to fall into a deep depression.

Can you see? Again this materialistic view. Just like all these people who take anti-depressants to cure a so-called chemical imbalance in their brain. (this imbalance has never been proven scientifically but that anti-depressants are 90% placebo certainly has)

For me it is totally clear that the physical symptoms of the kundalini process are caused by the mind and can also be resolved through the mind.

Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Tara, I'd like to see some evidence in support of your statement that 90% of anti-depressants is placebo. When I took courses on pharmacology years ago, the placebo effect was considered to be around 40% -- a drug's effectiveness had to exceed that level in a substantial test group in order to be considered efficacious.

All I hear Jana saying is what Hindus have been saying for centuries: that with kundalini/spiritual awakening, the body is brought into the transformative process, with changes in diet and lifestyle called for. She's attempting to bring a measure of scientific consideration to this matter.

I for one do not agree that all physical symptoms of kundalini are caused by the mind and can be resolved at that level. When I eat barbecued pork ribs, I know I will have sludgy kundalini for a few hours afterwards (but sometimes I eat it anyway Wink). When I go high-carb at a meal, the k process accelerates; when I go high protein, it slows dramatically. Going outside to take a walk helps, not just because of where I place my mind, but because of the fresh air and sunshine. Good sleep helps, too.

The body's participation in the k process is obvious enough to anyone who has this experience, and needs to be dealt with at that level of consideration. This is surely not to place the source of the process with the body, however, nor even with the psyche, which needs to be "adjusted" as well.

posted Hide Post
Hi Phil

The problem with studies on antidepressants is that the ones that showed that antidepressant do not work were withheld by the pharmaceutical industry.
Here are the results of one meta-study that investigated a large number of studies that were done on anti-depressants:

Quote:
On February 26, 2008, PLoS Medicine published a meta-analysis that my colleagues and I had conducted on antidepressant medication (1). Most meta-analyses suffer from publication bias, which can happen when pharmaceutical companies withhold unsuccessful trials from publication (2, 3). To circumvent this, we used the Freedom of Information act in the U.S. to obtain the data on all clinical trials submitted to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the licensing of the four new-generation antidepressants.

The results of our meta-analysis showed that people got better on medication, but they also got better on placebo, and the difference between the two was small. In fact, it was below the criterion for clinical significance established by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE), which sets treatment guidelines for the National Health Service in the UK. Clinical significance was found only in a few relatively small studies conducted on patients with extremely severe levels of depression.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2582668/

It is a topic of great concern to me as a psychotherapist as I am seeing more and more people and children needlessly drugged up on potentially very dangerous drugs that are useless in the best and can actually worsen peoples' depression. The same is true for the diagnosis of bipolar disorder. A huge and increasing number of (young) people are put at extremely dangerous anti-psychotic drugs for what are more or less mood swings. A client of mine is a university administrator - she told me that in her last course 25% of all students were diagnosed as bi-polar. I just really hope this is not true and at least not true nationwide.

If you don't believe this have a little google - it;s all out there in scholarly articles.

Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Tara, I'm sure there is misdiagnosis of all sorts of mental illnesses, and abuses of prescription meds and subscribing them. I also know that there are people who need their meds and can't function without them.

I found this interesting discussion of research on placebo effect:
- http://www.skepdic.com/placebo.html

I generally don't encourage people to use medication if they can avoid doing so, but I also tell them it's OK to have a "parachute" of some kind in their backpack. Some of my spiritual directees have made use of anti-depressants for a short time, and it was helpful to them. The ideal is always to wean off as quickly as possible.

Back to Jana Dixon's site . . . I've not picked up that she is quick to encourage the use of medication to deal with kundalini issues. She seems more into supplements and nutritional interventions to strengthen the body.

posted Hide Post
Coming back to the factors that slow down the kundalini: I think it is fair to say that everything that would slow down your sex-drive also slows down your kundalini:

- physical exercise and work to the point of complete exhaustion
- illness
- overeating, junkfood and starvation
- being drugged up with toxic drugs

About Dixon:
[quote]I've not picked up that she (Jana Dixon) is quick to encourage the use of medication to deal with kundalini issues.[quote/]

she actually lists morphine and lithium... Eeker

Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Well, you can't get morphine or lithium over-the-counter in the U.S. They must be prescribed -- morphine, for pain management, and lithium for bipolar (though other drugs are used instead these days). I would think that anyone who is in such a state as to even bring consideration of use of these drugs has more than kundalini problems going on.