Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Uncreated Light Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Hi Stephen,

Thanks for sharing more of where you are coming from in terms of the tradition you are drawing inspiration from. That helps me understand.

Here is a question I have for you. And let me admit, to myself, as well as to you, from the start, it is a loaded question because I have a hunch I know my answer. Nevertheless, here goes:

When you call a percieved mystical light "uncreated," are you making a claim based on perception (that is, it is perceptibly different than the "created" light of, for example, Kundalini awakening) or on faith (that is, perception of the light, when interpreted by faith, inspires a conviction that the light is "uncreated")?

It is ok if your answer isn't either/or.

Posts: 455 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know that I can make any claims about what I've perceived, Ryan, because I don't fully understand it. For my own purposes, I'm just happy to distinguish between "friendly" light and "unfriendly" light.

All I know is that when I started saying the Jesus prayer, something beautiful happened that seemed to encompass my whole life up to that point, and broaden itself out into every avenue of living, so that any spiritual experience I may have had seemed to coalesce in the fruits of the prayer. Light is only one aspect of this in that my consciousness now, on occasion, feels as if it is wrapped up in a strong, tender light, even when I can't see it. This might sound quite extravagant and I don't know where it's all going to take me, but on the whole it has deepened my relationship with God, so that can't be bad.

As far as the possibilities of seeing "uncreated light", I can only draw on Paul's experience on the road to Damascus and any other scriptural references to light, as well as the testimonies of the elders and saints of the Athonite tradition.

Posts: 464 | Location: UK | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stephen,

I believe the God of Our Lord Jesus Christ has blessed you. Your testimony warms my heart with gladness and I am moved to tears of joy.

Posts: 455 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Eric
posted Hide Post
I have experienced a very pure engulfing light during K. I feel that I am in heaven and also here on Earth at the same time. Like I am in a gateway of sorts. "The Kingdom of Heaven is within" seems to come to mind. I also feel like I "know" this light. It feels strangely familiar. It is also full of love and understanding. I do not think this light is of myself but of Christ. I have also had a vision of the Sacred Heart in this light. That is another reason I associate it with Christ. I want to stay in the light and never leave. Earth just seems like a bad dream at the time. Then I realize I have important things to do and leave the light. Then I get really depressed because I forget what those things are afterwards. Strange hunh?

Posts: 470 | Location: Greensboro, NC | Registered: 05 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just marvelous sharing, gang. Marvelous!

Eric, I can relate to your sense of "knowing" certain light experiences. Sometimes, too, I feel the light reflects back to me a clarity of self-perception -- like I'm immediately aware of the fact of awareness, if that makes any sense. This is especially true in the deep, azure-colored light experiences I alluded to earlier, which seem to be correlated with an intensification of K activity. Then there are times when I sense something of an "invisible light" drawing me from the heart in love, much along the lines that Stephen has described as "tender light." I would be more inclined to call this "uncreated light" than the purplish, K-related lights, which seem very much connected with my own states of awareness.

Yes, all very interesting, but not easy to articulate.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have experienced the 'uncreated light' in a few mystical experiences of my own, however, in my own case, it is not a bright light but rather a light which is so bright it is dark to me (something John of Cross experienced himself) and it is more like the 'unknowing darkness' which Gregory of Nyssa speak of. I am also aware it is a Trinity, and when I have experienced this I have felt overwhelmed with love and it feels like I'm staring into the Sun.

Posts: 32 | Location: Perth, Australia | Registered: 09 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SisterLionHeart
posted Hide Post
I have also seen the light, but, it was in a flash come from God, I dont know what direction it came from, but I have seen the dark of a human body (myself, I guess?)standing against the light from God and then suddenly the dark figure was broken in two and the light went through it all. Hmm hard to explain, I hope you all get it anyway! Peace

Posts: 15 | Location: Sollentuna, Sweden | Registered: 09 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My encounter with the light occurred after Kundalini, but it was a bright white light that poured out of my head upon awakening in the morning. I would appreciate if people would tell me if they've ever heard of any of these oddities.

1) Unable to manipulate light switches while awake. I've heard of this in lucid dreaming, but never a person in an awake state. I tried 4-5 different rooms. Then after I drank 5 glasses of water and "came down" a little that night, the same switches turned off for me. One was even a "dimmer" with descending lights... spooky, but I pulled through

2) During Kundalini (After the light switch thing) I felt an intense channel of energy with my forearms and legs simulateously going numb. Then upon laying down I felt two huge gusts of wind over my body. No joke! The ceiling fan could not have produced these powerful gusts. It was at that point that I reaffirmed Jesus as my personal savior.

3) White light pouring out of a person's head. Does that indicate a complete kundalini awakening? If so, mine was still pretty tough and tested my strength.

4) During a couple days in the episode I could see the brightness of people's eyes. It was as if people had candles of different strengths of brightness burning in the middle of their skulls. Some were brighter than others. Anyone ever hear of this?

5) How may people on this site are diagnosed with a "mental illness." As soon as something like this happens you are guaranteed the brand "bipolar," but I don't think that's justified. Has there ever been any talk of us rebelling about this?

Any replies would be most welcome. Thanks! Smiler

-airbus

Posts: 10 | Location: New York, NY | Registered: 20 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome, airbus.

I've heard of all sorts of light phenomena through the years and have experienced a few myself. Some of what you describe resonates, but some is probably unique to you and your situation. It's difficult to say what these phenomena indicate -- complete K awakening, for example, or perhaps just a graced moment, or a manifestation of God as Light. You have to see what happens next . . . and next . . . to get an idea of the kind of "spirit" at work, and where it leads.

Re. mental illess: I do know some people have maintained that bum K awakenings can manifest as bipolar disorders. Could be. I honestly don't know.

Hope this all helps.

Phil

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one important question, does a complete Kundalini awakening mean you are done with experiencing episodes of being possessed by the spirit. Although it was a beautiful experience my second time around, it can be a bit disruptive. Smiler

As soon as I get everything in order, I will put my story in the Kundalini thread on this website.

Also, are there any national organizations people with these experiences can belong to? If not, someone should start one. Smiler

-airbus

Posts: 10 | Location: New York, NY | Registered: 20 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
okay, my letter did not post for some reason and i don't have time to rtype. later i guess. i just love hearing about this subject of light, and will add my stuff later. meanwhile, why has nobody posted anything lately??? how has it been going people? anymore clarification on the lights? prsonally i think it could be angels.( because of my own sightings.)peace, rebecca

Posts: 45 | Location: over the rainbow | Registered: 03 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
Hi Rebecca,

Well we have something in common. I also am very interested in the subject of light. In fact I have a "Light Page" at my website. www.holystic.com And one of my all time favorite books is "The Healing Light", by Agnes Sanford. I do hope you'll post what you were going to post. :-)

Katy

Posts: 538 | Location: Sarasota, Florida | Registered: 17 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post