Ad
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

D. Day Four Login/Join

posted
Sin is an unpopular word, but it's still the best word to describe our separation from God. Because Scripture is most interested in helping us to restore our relationship with God, it has much to say about sin and its deadly influence in our lives. Today's readings help us to become more aware of the reality of sin--not so that we will feel like a failure or hopeless, but so that we may learn that God loves us even in this state. When we truly know this, we can sing: "Amazing grace, how sweet that sound, that saved a wretch like me . . ."

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Focus: Remorse for Sins

Scripture Readings

A. Luke 15: 11-30

B. Galatians 5: 13-26

C. Matthew 5: 20-48

----------------

End of day:
How are you feeling about how your retreat is going so far? What about discussing it with a spiritual director?

- -

A prayer

Lord, because you have made me, I owe you the whole of my love; because you have redeemed me, I owe you the whole of myself; because you have promised so much, I owe you all my being.  Moreover, I owe you as much more love than myself as you are greater than I, for whom you gave yourself and to whom you promised yourself. I pray you, Lord, make me taste by love what I taste by knowledge; let me know by love what I know by understanding. I owe you more than my whole self, but I have no more, and by myself I cannot render the whole of it to you. Draw me to you, Lord, in the fullness of love. I am wholly yours by creation; make me all yours, too, in love.
- Prayer of St. Anselm

Posts: 3948 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post