Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Americans and morality Login/Join 
posted
See this Gallup Poll

Not too many surprises here, except that I would have thought more people would find having a child out of wedlock morally objectionable. It's also surprising that over 50% find homosexuality morally objectionable.

Half the country thinks abortion is wrong. Deep polarization over that one!

A majority thinks assisted suicide is OK. Ugh! Eeker

What's most revealing, I suppose, is the depth of the "culture wars," as demonstrated in the views by liberals and conservatives. Turns out the two camps have many more disagreements than the role of government in society, some very pronounced.

Check it out. Very interesting!

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil, I read the brief article.

I don't understand what the big bugaboo is about cloning. So someone becomes an identical twin, so what.

It's just another way of reproducing -- the same person over and over again. The two people wouldn't have the same memory or anything like that. They could be hundreds of years apart.

To me, state sponserd gambling is immoral. If they can't make ends meet on revenues/taxes, to bad. If individuals did what states do, they'd be thrown in jail.

Posts: 218 | Registered: 03 November 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Umm Whats the problem again? Keep in mind that in biblical times it was alright to sell your daughter into slavery. And the bible also says to stone disobedient children.
So some guy taking it in the rear or choosing to end his life (Have you ever been to a cancer ward?) is hardly what I would call a moral problem. Look how far we have come, we no longer believe its alright to sell are daughters,kill are kids,marry 50 woman,stone people for working on the sabbath,or beat are slaves to death (as long as they didn't die withing 48 hours).
Maybe in 50 years we will get over this sodomy thing and see it for what it realy is. None of are buisness. Its not my ass thats going to be sore in the morning.
Besides its between them and god. Whatever god, if god can forgive them then why should we care if they wish to be monogamous and get married to each other.
Its not your ass either.

Posts: 3 | Location: KS | Registered: 14 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post