Ad
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Adolph Hitler: Nobel Peace Prize nominee Login/Join 
posted
Hitler was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 1938. Leading the campaign for years was the renowned author, Gertrude Stein.
As early as 1934, she told a reporter that Hitler should be awarded the Nobel peace prize:

"I say that Hitler ought to have the peace prize, because he is removing all the elements of contest and of struggle from Germany. By driving out the Jews and the democratic and Left element, he is driving out everything that conduces to activity. That means peace ... By suppressing Jews ... he was ending struggle in Germany" (New York Times Magazine, May 6, 1934).
source

Posts: 218 | Registered: 03 November 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Then I guess the Nobel Peace Prize has always been a bit of a joke � a plaything of the out-of-touch elite. Maybe it should now be called the Nobel Leftist Prize since they love recognizing leftists such as Carter or Gorbachev but not the real people who bring peace such as Reagan.

Posts: 5413 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 21 September 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, of course the source for that information doesn't seem very solid. I've checked out the site a bit and its author seems a bit over-the-top at times.

Why did you think it important to bring this to our attention, wopik?

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hello,

I listened to a radio program with David Hawkins. He "calibrates" levels of spirituality of
historical figures. The words of Jesus, Buddha, and the Bhagavad Gita calibrated at 1000. Most saints were in the 4,5 and 600s.
He said that Hitler at one time in his life
calibrated in the 400s and that he was a person with
tremendous spiritual potential. Later in his life he
is calibrated at around 70, which is about the same as Charles Manson. Apparently, abuse of power lowers the "calibration" significantly.

grasshopper

Posts: 3 | Registered: 06 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
very interesting, grasshopper.

I emailed the Norwegian Nobel Institute to verify the information. Hopefully I will hear back from them soon. I'll let you know.

posted Hide Post
To all --

I wrote to the Nobel institution in Norway to verify the Hitler information. I don't think they would mind if I copy and paste what they had to say:

Dear (real name),

It is partly true, I am afraid. Hitler was indeed nominated, but the
year
was 1939, not 1938 (which of course makes it even worse). He was
nominated
by a Swedish parliamentarian, Mr. E.G.C. Brandt, who like all other
members
of national assemblies around the world has the right to make
nominations
for the Nobel Peace Prize. It is noteworthy that Mr. Brandt himself, in
a
letter of 1 February 1939, tried to recall the nomination. The statutes
of
the Nobel Foundation did not allow him to do so, however, so the
nomination
went on the record. Needless to say, the Norwegian NObel Committee
never
paid any attention to this nomination. As you may recall, the
five-member
Committee had made Hitler furious a few years earlier when they awarded
the
Peace Prize to the imprisoned Jewish anti-Nazist Carl von Ossietzky.
The
Hitler nomination, therefore, should be regarded as a curiosity only,
as it
tells less than nothing about the views of the Committee. Apparently,
even
the nominator realized that this was a ridiculous nomination.

Sincerely,

(real name)

posted Hide Post
Very interesting.

But what about Gertrude Stein? What surprised me from the opening post was not that anyone nominated Hitler, but that there was a connection with Gertrude Stein.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm certainly skeptical of what I find on the internet, but it's possible that even Saddam was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize. If so, it was apparently by a Norwegian professor.

What are they putting in the water there in Norway?

Posts: 5413 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 21 September 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<w.c.>
posted
Careful what you drink, Brad. I think we import that water . . . . as in liberalism, ah, it sounded like a good joke, but alas . . . .

Reply With QuoteReport This Post