Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

part 2 of Rom 11, Lk 21:24 Login/Join 
Picture of philokalia933
posted
NOW FOR THE NEW LIVING TRANSLATION OF THE SAME VERSES��.and it seems very clear what is being said!

The New Living Translation

Romans 11 Read This Chapter

11:25
I want you to understand this mystery, dear brothers and sisters, F71 so that you will not feel proud and start bragging. Some of the Jews have hard hearts, but this will last only until the complete number of Gentiles comes to Christ.
11:26
And so all Israel will be saved. Do you remember what the prophets said about this? "A Deliverer will come from Jerusalem, F72 and he will turn Israel F73 from all ungodliness.

11:27
And then I will keep my covenant with them and take away their sins." F74

11:28
Many of the Jews are now enemies of the Good News. But this has been to your benefit, for God has given his gifts to you Gentiles. Yet the Jews are still his chosen people because of his promises to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
11:29
For God's gifts and his call can never be withdrawn.
11:30
Once, you Gentiles were rebels against God, but when the Jews refused his mercy, God was merciful to you instead.
11:31
And now, in the same way, the Jews are the rebels, and God's mercy has come to you. But someday they, F75 too, will share in God's mercy.

11:32
For God has imprisoned all people in their own disobedience so he could have mercy on everyone.
11:33
Oh, what a wonderful God we have! How great are his riches and wisdom and knowledge! How impossible it is for us to understand his decisions and his methods!
11:34
For who can know what the Lord is thinking? Who knows enough to be his counselor? F76

11:35
And who could ever give him so much that he would have to pay it back?
11:36
For everything comes from him; everything exists by his power and is intended for his glory. To him be glory evermore. Amen.

And Luke 21:24 from the New Living Translation:

Luke 21 Read This Chapter

21:24
They will be brutally killed by the sword or sent away as captives to all the nations of the world. And Jerusalem will be conquered and trampled down by the Gentiles until the age of the Gentiles comes to an end.

NOW LET ME ADD SOME COMMENTS FROM THE NEW KING JAMES VERSION REGARDING THE SAME VERSE: Rom 11: 25
� Israel�s rejection is temporary, until all those who are going to be saved from among the Gentiles come to trust in Christ���..there will be a mighty turning on the part of the Jews to Christ. Salvation will come to a large number of Jewsa in the same way it has come people for centuries=-=-a faith response to the preached gospel of Christ. It does not mean ALL Israel��Hence many Jews, having seen and heard the truth of the gospel during the Great Tribulation, will accept the Messiah upon His return.

**********There are several ways one can interpret the scriptures in Romans 11 and In Luke 21:24. So I ask you---------does what is said mean that there will be this great opportunity for Jews to accept Christ as their Savior when the time comes; that is when the time of the Gentiles is fulfilled? To me, it seems to be saying that God never, ever reneges on His promised to His Chosen People----the Jews-----and that they will have an opportunity , in the future, to accept His Son.

It is apparent that much more prayer and study is required but did just want to share this with you.

I hope some on the forum will respond with their 'take' on these particular scriptures.....

Posts: 26 | Location: GA | Registered: 24 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post