Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

more exquisite music Login/Join

<w.c.>
posted
Hey Phil, what became of the original thread?

Here's a young Sarah Brightman - perhaps before she became so entangled in pop music - and a young "lad," singing Pie Jesu, with a rather compelling video accompaniment:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3mTANHqZLI

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by w.c.:
[qb] Hey Phil, what became of the original thread? [/qb]
Here you go:

http://shalomplace.com/ubb/ult...ic;f=13;t=000165;p=2

Posts: 140 | Location: Canada | Registered: 26 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<HeartPrayer>
posted
It would be great if these posts could be moved there.
Better to have everything in one place.

<w.c.>
posted
I have to post this one again; it just melts my heart. This sweet kid has been given a rare gift, maybe even rare by the standards of classical musicians. The youtube videos have been discontinued as she is about to cut her first CD. In the interviews, some of which are still available on-line, you can tell that her parents don't push her, and are truly endeared to the heart of their child (and protecting the rest of her childhood as best they can as she develops at such a young age), and that this kid's sense of herself is imbued with a lovingness that allows her to sing from such a deep place. There really is something of unearthly beauty in the radiance of her voice and face that can't be accounted for by good voice training or just hitting the notes. She doesn't look 12 years old when she sings, and in this video you won't get to see the transformation that occurs after she sings: from a seeming channel of the heavenly voices to a sweet 12 year old so tender and a bit awkward to what she is doing, but with great poise for her age, as one critic put it.

When she says at the very beginning of this truncated video "And I really really want it," she is referring to the award given at this contest, Britains Got Talent, which is to sing in front of Prince Charles.

www.metacafe.com/watch/1354432/hq_faryl_smith_final_britains_got_talent_hq/ - 89k -

posted Hide Post
Very beautiful! I felt blessed by her, and what a marvelous song for her to sing.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post