Ad
ShalomPlace.com    Shalom Place Community    Shalom Place Discussion Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Book and Movie Reviews    Nan Merrill's Lumen Christi Holy Wisdom
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nan Merrill's Lumen Christi Holy Wisdom Login/Join

posted
Usually I don't like poetry, but a book I did enjoy recently was Nan Merrill's Lumen Christi Holy Wisdom. I'd describe it as religious poetry, though she calls it "a book of spiritual meditations and brief contemplative thoughts." That's in an interview she did for a site called Heron Dance.

quote:
[qb]I think there are different levels of energy and that each one of us is drawn to certain energy levels that coincide with a particular Chakra. The lower Chakra energies would be related to fear and survival modes. Some people are drawn to those energy levels. I think fundamentalism is a certain energy that is very narrow and very severe and very judgmental. Some people vibrate to that, are comfortable with that.

And the saints probably vibrate to the seventh Chakra.[/qb]
She also puts out a newsletter called Friends of Silence.

Posts: 140 | Location: Canada | Registered: 26 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've enjoyed Nan Merrill's Psalms for Praying for many years. She paraphrases, using inclusive language addressing "The Beloved." Very gentle, and loving.

Interesting to see that she's into "energies."

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil:
[qb] I've enjoyed Nan Merrill's Psalms for Praying for many years.[/qb]
I liked her interpretation of the Psalms, too. One of the things that puts me off doing Morning Prayer (from the book) more regularly is that so often one comes across quite unchristian sentiments in the psalms.

Posts: 140 | Location: Canada | Registered: 26 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Derek:
[qb]
quote:
Originally posted by Phil:
[qb] I've enjoyed Nan Merrill's Psalms for Praying for many years.[/qb]
I liked her interpretation of the Psalms, too.[/qb]
Me too. The gentleness & love came through for me.

Posts: 135 | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post