Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jesus' tomb in Kashmire Login/Join

<w.c.>
posted
I've read about this before, but post it because of its timely release around the Da Vinci Code.

http://travel.news.yahoo.com/b..._daily/rba_daily4336

"While we spoke, I wondered which was more likely true, more supported by facts. One, the widely held belief that Jesus died and ascended to heaven, or two, that he was only badly injured, his followers hustled him out of dangerous Jerusalem and, some time in the course of his life, he had at least one child; and that the inheritor of that bloodline in Kashmir was now sitting across from me."

Yes, of course. The terrified disciples nurse him back to who knows what degree of health, keep him from public scrutiny, and him and themselves from shame and death, seeing day by day his misery and fallenness from the messianic throne, and with all hopes dashed and only their fishing to return to, decide to expose their families and martyr themselves for the lost cause.

Now there's you a movie Hollywood would latch onto!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LOL! I think you've got a great start on the publicity for that movie, w.c.

From the article:
quote:
The New Testament itself has puzzling passages, such as the one from Luke where Christ speaks to his disciples after the crucifixion. "Behold my hands and feet that it is I myself, handle me and see for a spirit hath no flesh and bones as ye see me have."
They forgot the part about him appearing in their midst with the doors locked, then disappearing after awhile. Clearly not your everyday, recussitated body!

It's always interesting to see how people (including Dan Brown) use selective passages from the New Testament when it suits their purposes while ignoring others that are inconvenient.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post