Ad
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Adrienne von Speyr Login/Join

posted
Has anyone read the Adrienne von Speyr books? I hadn't heard of her until recently, but I have been reading the introduction to her life and work titled First Glance at Adrienne von Speyr and written by Hans Urs von Balthasar. She really was a suffering soul, but also a mystic of the first order, experiencing not only visions and locutions, but also precognition and out-of-the-body viewing of remote locations.

Posts: 1013 | Location: Canada | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Derek, I've heard of her and her work, but have never read any of it. As you noted, she had a strong influence on von Balthasar, which some say is both a strength and weakness of his theology.
- see http://www.ignatiusinsight.com...rienne_von_speyr.asp for those who haven't heard of her. Very interesting person!

Posts: 3949 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have her book translated into Polish, about the sacrament of confession. It's difficult to read, but very deep. A monk who hears my confession (what's it called in English? it's not the same as spiritual director) recommended me her book. She was a very fascinating woman, indeed.

Posts: 436 | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post