Ad
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Healing Love Login/Join

posted
In the early days of the Toronto Blessing, some people would fall down on the floor during worship. At first the others would rush over, check the person was okay, then help them get to their feet. But after a while they discovered it was best to just let the person lie there. Some people lay still for three or four hours and afterward spoke about having experiences of God while lying still on the floor. Then even the people who hadn’t fallen to the floor decided to just lie down anyway. This is how “soaking” prayer began. The idea is to receive God’s love.

Healing Love is soaking music. I was tired when I lay down to listen to it and almost fell asleep, but that’s a compliment. The music features gentle keyboards with improvised vocals, quite sparse on many tracks. The effect is beautiful and very relaxing. The only problem I had was that I bought and downloaded the MP3 version, and when I transferred it to an audio CD to play it, Windows Media Player had inserted pauses into what is (I assume) intended to be one continuous flow of tracks lasting over an hour.

Julie True. Healing Love. MP3 album. ElijahShopper. $11.99.

Posts: 1017 | Location: Canada | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post