The Kundalini Process: A Christian Understanding
by Philip St. Romain
Paperback and digital editions; free sample

Kundalini Energy and Christian Spirituality
- by Philip St. Romain
Paperback and digital editions

ShalomPlace.com    Shalom Place Community    Shalom Place Discussion Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Kundalini Issues and Spiritual Emergencies    Possible neg. sides from improper Kundalini technique
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Possible neg. sides from improper Kundalini technique Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Some of the cases were people whose experiences were recounted on forums, some were students of friends of mine who teach meditation, others were people who contacted me for guidance (in my roles as meditation teacher/spiritual director).

I am not a therapist (and being a now-Catholic woman, am not a priest), but have been teaching meditation for some years. My own spiritual process included a rather heavy dose of kundalini activity, though it did not lead to any problems, perhaps as it was contextualized in a very devotional practice and I had teachers who knew how to advise on the subject.

But I prefer that people who need psychotherapeutic or medical support work with appropriate professionals either before working with me or simultaneously, depending on the nature of their difficulties.

Posts: 60 | Location: Brazil | Registered: 13 July 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post