Moderators: Phil
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Loyalty Login/Join 
posted
It's qualities that everyone admires, like Loyalty, that can make wars both more likely to start and more difficult to end. Yes, from the Crusades of Christendom to the programs of Nazi Germany, human history is bloodied by carnage committed in the name of Loyalty.
Unquestioning loyalty to one's country is seen by many as their paramount obligation. Others would rephrase it as: "My religion, may she always be rigth, but my religion, right or wrong".
Realistically, the country or religion that demands our loyalty is often determined by the place of our birth, but the decision about whom we should be loyal to is too important to leave in the hands of chance. However, questioning the loyalties with which one is raised takes courage and creates challanges.
Likewise, a person is not a traitor when loyalty to God demands that he remain neutral and refrain from taking up arms against others. From the study of the Bible, we can appreciate that God is the primary one to whom we should be loyal and that he wants us to love our neighbor no matter which religion or race he belongs to.
We should be united in our worship of God, and have learned that we can't be loyal to God and fight my neighbor.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 07 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Edward, I agree with you about not taking up arms. There has been a discussion about this in another thread called "Is non-violence a Christian absolute?" You might want to check that thread.

shanti

Posts: 144 | Location: USA | Registered: 01 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post