Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pith sayings for prayer Login/Join 
<w.c.>
posted
Certain spiritual traditions utilize a word or phrase to encourage one's disposition in prayer. My favorites are the ones that intuitively activate the heart and soothe the mind, generating mind-body receptivity without requiring but the slightest effort.

One of Phil's serves that well:

"Relax in the awareness of God's love for you."

Some of mine are:

"Go to the place in awareness where you wait for Jesus."

"Jesus, please come and be with me in this pain. Help me keep it company with your company."

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Boot me up, Lord, into Christ OS."

- - -

"Holy Spirit, take my breath and breathe me to life in You."

- - -

- Inhale: "God of light and love"

- Exhale: silently, or whatever comes to mind.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Lord, Jesus, drop kick me through the goal-post of life! --Footballer's Prayer Wink

Saint Michael, Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do you, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits, who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. -- Prayer to Michael the Archangel

O Lord, when shall I once and for all grasp this, this law of your life and so of my life? The law that death is life; losing oneself is finding oneself, poverty is riches and suffering is grace,
that to reach the end in truth is fulfillment.
--- Fulfillment Prayer, Karl Rahner

Posts: 2559 | Registered: 14 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.catholic-forum.com/saints/pray0310.htm

Oh, those Cistercians! Smiler Smiler Smiler mm <*))))><

posted Hide Post
Real pithy stuff, there, Michael. Eeker Wink

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a really big sloppy lick on Jesus' face from
a devoted and adoring St. Bernard! woof! slurp! Smiler

posted Hide Post
That's a really big sloppy lick on Jesus' face from a devoted and adoring St. Bernard! woof! slurp!

Thank you, MM. Now my adoration for St. Francis isn�t going to look so strange.

Posts: 5413 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 21 September 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ha. Yes, that's a great image, MM. Thanks. Smiler