Ad
ShalomPlace.com    Shalom Place Community    Shalom Place Discussion Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Health and Wellness Issues    Alternative medicine and depression: ongoing research
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alternative medicine and depression: ongoing research Login/Join

<w.c.>
posted
Here's the latest news re: the effectiveness of St. John's Wort, being compared in this study to Paxil. Most previous studies assess SJW only for mild to moderate depression, but this one looks at moderate to severe depression.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/en...t&list_uids=15708844

It isn't indicated in the abstract of this study, but most products are now standardized for both hypericin and hyperforin, which appear to be the active ingredients in SJW that affect neurotransmitter function.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WC, do you know of any natural foods that are good for the health of the cardiovascular system? I love garlic and eat loads of it. I�ve heard that that�s one of the good ones.

And what do you recommend to treat femalelacktus?

Posts: 5413 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 21 September 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ooops. I asked that in the wrong thread per SP rules, customs and normal procedures. But I sometimes get so depressed not having this kind of good information at hand.

Okay now?

Razzer

Posts: 5413 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 21 September 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post